Coheed and Cambria Neverender: IKSSE3 Tour

I agree with this. I threw them on my credit card as well. Haven't seen/kept up with them for a few years now but this is one of my favorite albums of all time so I just went for it. They do have a rabid/ridiculous fan base, so keep that in mind too.

Likewise.  There was a point in time when Coheed was indisputably my favorite band; right around the time I was wowed by Good Apollo.  My interest in the band has definitely tapered since then, with almost every release, but there's still no denying how well IKSOSE:3 has held up over time, and how much nostalgia it has for me.  I've seen the band play a handful of times over the years, and tracks from that album were often among my favorite.  Makes it almost impossible to pass up on.

I am the exact same way Derek. I would still count them as one of my top 5 favorite bands to this day just because their first couple of albums have standed the test of time as I grew up. So, with that said, slap 'em on your card and jump in with the rest of us. ;)

Alright, you win.  Done and done.

I will say that the chances of seeing a vinyl repress with this big reveal are pretty night at this point.  I'd be baffled if there was a tour press, and I'd probably be willing to sacrifice a bit of my normal composure to grab one.  But sadly, I fear that's not happening.  Which makes me wonder... what prevented Ian and his line of work from keeping this hush-hush?

Alright, you win.  Done and done.

I will say that the chances of seeing a vinyl repress with this big reveal are pretty night at this point.  I'd be baffled if there was a tour press, and I'd probably be willing to sacrifice a bit of my normal composure to grab one.  But sadly, I fear that's not happening.  Which makes me wonder... what prevented Ian and his line of work from keeping this hush-hush?

Tour poster or art for the cassette maybe? Just a guess though

Alright, guys.  Realistically speaking... how long do you see general admission tickets lasting?  I have no idea how to gauge Coheed and their popularity these days.  But seeing as IKS is perhaps my favorite record of theirs - or at least damn close - I feel a little obligated to make this show happen.  Fun funds are too tight to drop $47 out of the blue, but I can easily put it on a credit card and pay it off at the end of the week.  Think these will last until Friday?  Or should I play it safe?

From my understanding this is just a pre-sale. The public on-sale doesn't start until Friday (for my venue, at least). Maybe that helps? 

Eh, I don't think a repress is completely hopeless. I definitely think there is something there with Ian/his work.

And a question about that: companies & their employees that know about vinyl presses/represses ahead of announcements, do they have to sign nondisclosure agreements or something like that?

Edit: Kudos to dreamover for the heads up on the prices/code.

Thank You Scientist, holy shit, yes, those guys are amazing and definitely deserve the exposure this tour will get them.

http://thankyouscientist.bandcamp.com/

Reposting this, everyone should check this band out that is opening. They deserve to be huge and i'm stoked for the exposure this will get them. Batshit crazy prog rock with violin, trumpet and sax and male vocals that at times sounds like a mix of Claudio and Michael Jackson. Seriously it's nuts.