PO: Cartel- Chroma via ETR ON SALE TODAY at 4:24pm Est

thejesseb:

No I am not denying that there was any communication between our party & ETR at one point. According to what I heard, these comms were well over a year ago, I knew nothing about them. All I know is we wanted to release it ourselves to coincide with the 10yr as supposed to a 3rd party doing it.

I can't tell you how much I miss the early days of touring where money & politics weren't involved. The fun was pure & the adventure was all that mattered.

Yeah but... if there was communication at any point it's still you guys knowing that this was a thing.  It's not like anyone can press 1000 records overnight just to make sure you remember the conversation took place.

Dig deeper: hah. I deserved that. sorry man. thanks for the grammar editing.

BFB: I promise you I had no idea

It was being released. If we knew about this last year then we completely forgot about it or (obviously) never followed up. But this isn't something you just forget about. Again, it was flattering to see it out.

Next EP will be "hear! Say!"

Yeah man, and listen. I'm not trying to rag on you or anything. I thoroughly respect how supportive you are trying to be through this whole issue, and I thank you for taking the time to come in and talk with us. My interest in this is mostly out of disbelief that all this could've happened without your knowledge, or with only a few band members knowing and not responding to this information. I'm not trying to put you down for it, I'm just having a difficult time wrapping my head around it. Thanks again for your input. 

aw yisssss

north carolina internet mafia

that's all i can say

omerta and all that

Truth. We live in NC... we'd die of boredom if we didn't have the internet. 

ah. so your solid '2nd' post was from a seasoned vet.

welcome back...as i dont know you quite yet.

Just glad to know it didn't take me too long to shake off the rust.

Egg: I'm just dumbfounded as you about this. Someone was obviously briefed on this idea & didn't follow through with it &/or never considered it to be a serious possibility. I honestly think it was all just lost communication between both parties. I wish I had the answer.

Regardless, ETR didn't need our approval had we agreed to do it or not, we don't own the songs. I can tell you that we did not know this was 100% happening.

I agree that Facebook is also not the proper outlet to get things approved. 1/2 of us don't even actively use it.

I actually know who they are, only really ever listened to this album. Honestly was my JAM. 

SO THANK YOU FOR THAT SONG, DEAR PERSON FROM CARTEL

This. Still enjoy this album. Never listened to anything else by them. Bought the ETR release. DGAF.

Well then you guys are missing out. I love Chroma, and I really like the rest of their albums too. You should definitely check out Cycles and Collider, but Self-Titled, The Ransom and the In Stereo EP are all very solid as well.

Well then you guys are missing out. I love Chroma, and I really like the rest of their albums too. You should definitely check out Cycles and Collider, but Self-Titled, The Ransom and the In Stereo EP are all very solid as well.

are there any songs about cats, specifically?

Egg: I'm just dumbfounded as you about this. Someone was obviously briefed on this idea & didn't follow through with it &/or never considered it to be a serious possibility. I honestly think it was all just lost communication between both parties. I wish I had the answer.

Regardless, ETR didn't need our approval had we agreed to do it or not, we don't own the songs. I can tell you that we did not know this was 100% happening.

I agree that Facebook is also not the proper outlet to get things approved. 1/2 of us don't even actively use it.

This is something people need to understand, so I am glad that you - a member of the band - mentioned it.  It's not a matter of ethics (coughjasontate).  Communication errors or not, ETR did everything legally.

are there any songs about cats, specifically?

Of course, if you play our records backwards you'll hear subliminal messages only cats will understand. They provide the necessary tools for your cats to raid your stash of catnip & canned tuna. We love cats.

Btw what's with the cats? That a forum thing? Or a 'this thread sucks ass so here's a cute cat .gif to get you by' thing?