PO: Cartel- Chroma via ETR ON SALE TODAY at 4:24pm Est

Jbrana:

No one faults you for being, "Bummed," that someone pressed Chroma before you had the chance to.  However, it was in poor taste to publicly badmouth the label that beat you to the punch and childishly claim that your (The band's) pressing will be better when you've (The band) also claimed that you (The band) know nothing about the current release.

Also, anything posted online via Twitter, AP, or VC does not need a preface of whether it is an, "Official Statement," or not.  If it comes from a member of the band, or a member of the band's camp it is an official statement... Which is why words should be chosen with care and caution and not childishly tweeted to the world.

I agree that the method used to notify fans that this is not our pressing was not ideal. Social media is a very dangerous thing; it can quickly be misinterpreted & turn on you.
We never bashed his label nor did we call for the bashing of ETR. We claimed that they were well within their right to do so, but that it was released without our knowledge. The difference is It does not have the extras that we will be putting on it next year for the special 10yr anniversary.

I still would like to purchase a copy of ETR's chroma.

You made me do this again?

Dig deeper: hah. I deserved that. sorry man. thanks for the grammar editing.

BFB: I promise you I had no idea

It was being released. If we knew about this last year then we completely forgot about it or (obviously) never followed up. But this isn't something you just forget about. Again, it was flattering to see it out.

Next EP will be "hear! Say!"

It was being released. If we knew about this last year then we completely forgot about it or (obviously) never followed up. But this isn't something you just forget about. Again, it was flattering to see it out.

I am not familiar with your band, but you seem like a cool (and even brave) cat for posting here to clarify.

Aw! It's not as fun if you don't get butthurt about it!

TouchéWell played.

nic from cartel, this cat (and bonus dog!) gif is for you:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7065-1360014248-1.g

Awesome, but dont forget to put my username somewhere as I do have a twitter account at my disposal. 

I'm willing to play devil's advocate here for a minute.

What if ETR spoke with the manager and the manager said he would talk to the band about it, but gave the ok.

Then, he forgot to talk to the band about it, but when asked by ETR said, "Yeah, totally. I talked to them about it."

When asked by the band about this, the manager, to save his own ass says, "Never heard of the guy. He's a liar."

What if ETR spoke with the manager, and the manager said he would talk to the band about it, but gave the ok.

Then, he forgot to talk to the band about it, but when asked by ETR said, "Yeah, totally. I talked to them about it."

When asked by the band about this, the manager, to save his own ass says, "Never heard of the guy. He's a liar."

Well that can't be true because Punk journalist Jason Tate already vouched for Rohan stating he's trusted everything the guy has said for the last 10 years and always will.

That's all very probable! but didn't Ross/ETR point out that he had Facebook someone about this release and it was read?

Hrm. Interesting. I'm not willing to read this entire thread about a band I've never listened to to find out...  I am on the other hand willing to make broad statements based on nothing but speculation. This is fun.

What if ETR spoke with the manager and the manager said he would talk to the band about it, but gave the ok.

OR talking to 'the band' meant 'a member of the band'. who again, didn't deem it necessary to tell everyone else.

That's all very probable! but didn't Ross/ETR point out that he had Facebook someone about this release and it was read?

to be fair, sometimes i get messages on fb, accidentally click on it (as a notification) and don't read it because of whatever reason, but it was marked as read and then i totally forget to actually read it. i can't imagine why someone running a record label was trying to use facebook messenger as an actual official means of communication about something at least semi-important.