MAN ADVICE v2.0

I feel you, people are ok I just don't like spending a lot of time around anybody. I'm extremely awkward and I'm terrible at just being someone who tells someone how I feel. Now that I'm a little older I feel like I just should have told people how I felt and take the risk instead of just being so scared to lose them or have the fear of rejection that cripples me. 

This guy may not know he's being insensitive and may be "flying kites" because he's scared to tell you how he feels, but maybe not. It's so hard to tell, to me that's why you may just want to say hey there I don't know what I feel but I know I feel strongly about you and would like it if you didn't talk about other girls around me. 

Agreed.

I think telling someone you like them can easily turn out to be disasterous. Better to show them you like them, whatever that means. Dim the lights, throw on some make-out music and debut that burlesque performance you've been working on in your free time.

I mean, I actually just finished putting together a really nice care package to send out on Monday for when he gets back to Georgia because he had a rocky few months. I threw in a sappy letter that was just like "hey, I'm really happy you're in my life and I hope it's like that for a long time." So hopefully the whole thing is a good gesture? I guess we'll see what comes from it. 

I was going to a blink 182 show with my friend who's considerably better looking than me. I was I think a senior in HS. We had a huge conversation about how confidence with girls is everything. The show was great but it was very very hot and I keep a change of shirt in the back of my car. We were all out in the parking lot and I was trying to have confidence and just change my shirt quickly (My friend was doing the same) a group of girls yell "Yeah wooooo!" as they walk by and I turn around and instantly one girl goes "Not you fat ass!". 

I still can't swim without a shirt on. 

oh my god, that's awful D: 

A group of kids used to follow me home from school to throw rocks at me and tell me I'm ugly. One of those kids works at the apple store, I still get severe anxiety when I have to go there.

I mean, I actually just finished putting together a really nice care package to send out on Monday for when he gets back to Georgia because he had a rocky few months. I threw in a sappy letter that was just like "hey, I'm really happy you're in my life and I hope it's like that for a long time." So hopefully the whole thing is a good gesture? I guess we'll see what comes from it. 

Yeah, that'd be pretty cool.  I'd be stoked if someone sent me mail, I love mail.  I'm still blushing from that Fireworks package you hooked me up with.  :wub:  :D

Letters and notes and totally sweet IMO.

My best friend is gay and when we first became friends he told me he was gay by saying "Taraneh, I like Cher. Do you know what I mean?" Of course I already knew but it was so sweet the way he told me. I love him!

Sorry, off topic.

Omg that's so good though.

Yeah, that'd be pretty cool.  I'd be stoked if someone sent me mail, I love mail.  I'm still blushing from that Fireworks package you hooked me up with.  :wub:  :D

I love mail too! I love sending mail and I put a lot of wonderful things in that package so it'll probably just make him fall in love with me and stuff. 

Oh man! I was so happy I could help you out with that but I was so scared it would break during shipping.

oh my god, that's awful D: 

A group of kids used to follow me home from school to throw rocks at me and tell me I'm ugly. One of those kids works at the apple store, I still get severe anxiety when I have to go there.

I was going to a blink 182 show with my friend who's considerably better looking than me. I was I think a senior in HS. We had a huge conversation about how confidence with girls is everything. The show was great but it was very very hot and I keep a change of shirt in the back of my car. We were all out in the parking lot and I was trying to have confidence and just change my shirt quickly (My friend was doing the same) a group of girls yell "Yeah wooooo!" as they walk by and I turn around and instantly one girl goes "Not you fat ass!". 

On my, people are awful.

Omg that's so good though.

I love mail too! I love sending mail and I put a lot of wonderful things in that package so it'll probably just make him fall in love with me and stuff. 

Oh man! I was so happy I could help you out with that but I was so scared it would break during shipping.

Totally!

A few weeks ago I had a stack of CDs tumble over and I was so glad that EP was unscathed. :)

Yeah, see that kind of thing I'd know a girl liked me. I hope he sees that too!

I have an insane amount of stories from high school about this girl that I met and I just fell for her so hard and the first yeah I knew her I was so scared to talk to her but she was so nice to me. She got a boyfriend but still flirted with me all the time and would write all over my notebooks and we'd chat on AOL instant messager but I could never figure her out. 

I still liked her in college and she had the same boyfriend and everything but we hung out like once a week and we started keeping notebooks of adventures and shit like that. I wrote in the notebook that I loved her and wanted to know how she felt about me but she never told me. 

She still dates the same dude and I got over her a long ass time ago but she still talks to me from time to time and it's just strange. I will never figure her out ever. 

That's horrible! I've been told I'm ugly by so many people and indirectly by my mom. Last year a coworker came up to me and said about the very attractive woman we work "she's a lot prettier than you but you're a better worker". Uh. Thanks??

People are assholes. I just focus on other things that make me feel complete and not focus too much on how I look. I'm so much more than how I look. You are such a kind person and I enjoy talking to you! Even if you weren't giving me a record, I would still think you're an awesome human! People who are assholes aren't worth it.

High five !

That's horrible! I've been told I'm ugly by so many people and indirectly by my mom. Last year a coworker came up to me and said about the very attractive woman we work "she's a lot prettier than you but you're a better worker". Uh. Thanks??

People are assholes. I just focus on other things that make me feel complete and not focus too much on how I look. I'm so much more than how I look. You are such a kind person and I enjoy talking to you! Even if you weren't giving me a record, I would still think you're an awesome human! People who are assholes aren't worth it.

High five !

I don't understand people's compulsion to assign beauty like that. It's worse when it comes from family. My mom always has told me how much better I would look without a beard or the "Kid" shirts I wear. I feel like for a long time a very long time I was shamed for being who I was. I've recently realized people spew garbage like that because inside they feel like garbage and if you spend more time than you should trying to please them it'll make your life garbage. 

I don't need one direction or anyone else to tell me I'm beautiful. I am who I am. Keep being who you are because that's what makes life awesome, that and helping people. 

High Five right back at you!

My mom is always like "Wow, you look really nice today but you would look so much better if you just dropped more weight." If you saw me a few years ago vs now, I've dropped a lot of weight. 

Then there are days that are like "Wow! You look skinny today!" and that really fucks with your mind too. 

I struggle with body dysphoria too, so it only adds to the anxiety of looking in mirrors and meeting new people.

one time when I was talking on the phone to a guy I really liked, I told him I liked him and HE SAID HIS PHONE WAS DYING AND HE HAD TO GO!!! It's been 10 years and I will never ever ever forget that!

Not trying to scare you Logan! Just throwing out the worse case scenario (but you're adorable and that wouldn't happen to you!!)

one time i told a girl i loved her.... and she was like. "welp i'll never tell you if i do or not" im like k bitch i already know you do

I kinda just want to light myself on fire.

This is pretty much what love feels like, right? I don't know, I hate to be all cheesy, but sometimes I think about how much I love bb and it hurts, I love him so much. LOL Oh god that was awful, but it's how I feel. I've always felt like I am overly sensitive to emotions and feel things deeply. So love has been a rollercoaster for me throughout life. Lowest lows and highest highs.

Love is hard work, maintaining a relationship is really hard work, keeping the spark alive is so important. I see a lot of loveless marriages among my friends and it just makes me work harder to have a fulfilling relationship.

Anywho, i agree with whoever said that he really might not know you like him? Has it even been put out on the table like that? From how you've described him, he doesn't seem like the dick guy who would be purposefully try to make you jealous. So maybe he's just thinking 'there's no way this cool chick is into me, we're just friends' and he feels like he can share with you.

This is pretty much what love feels like, right? I don't know, I hate to be all cheesy, but sometimes I think about how much I love bb and it hurts, I love him so much. LOL Oh god that was awful, but it's how I feel. I've always felt like I am overly sensitive to emotions and feel things deeply. So love has been a rollercoaster for me throughout life. Lowest lows and highest highs.

Love is hard work, maintaining a relationship is really hard work, keeping the spark alive is so important. I see a lot of loveless marriages among my friends and it just makes me work harder to have a fulfilling relationship.

Anywho, i agree with whoever said that he really might not know you like him? Has it even been put out on the table like that? From how you've described him, he doesn't seem like the dick guy who would be purposefully try to make you jealous. So maybe he's just thinking 'there's no way this cool chick is into me, we're just friends' and he feels like he can share with you.

Madie you're the cutest. 

I don't know that it's been put on the table like that, so it's hard to say. I always just sort of assumed it was unspoken communication because we had a lot of mutual friends egging us on about it, but now that I think about it...they were probably just pushing me in the direction of him. But we've had really serious discussions about soul mates, marriage, etc. and it always seemed to flow pretty well. I don't know how to explain it. WHO KNOWS. *THROWS HANDS IN AIR*

I feel like that is the most vulnerable position one can put one's self in, to love that much. I'm in the same positon with my GF. I love her so much it's really scary and sometimes I hurt her without even trying, she does the same to me. It gets to be such a rollercoaster sometimes it's like oh holy shit this is frustrating. We are pretty good about being able to take a step back and try and see it from each others side but this is like when I used to play NES and I got to new levels I'd never been to before. I know worlds 1 through 4 really fucking well but on world 5 every step is death. It's so nerve racking. 

But I wouldn't trade it for anything, that girls amazing. I told her she was my favorite sweatshirt cuz im a weirdo. 

yep... still just do not understand what is wrong with me.

moved to another city, another state! and the same bullshit just follows.

met a girl online a few days ago.. after some conversation, i ended by giving her my number.

she texted me today asking if i'd wanna grab drinks tonight.

as boldly predicted.. it didn't happen.

so while i was out with my friends tonight, we collectively toyed with my tinder. chatting with a couple girls here and there, allowing the female friends i was with to both guide me and take over (which lead to the brilliant opening of "you look like you smell nice.")

and by the end of the night, they all sat there scratching their heads as i continued striking out. 

Last night I skateboarded over to the girls house who I frequently talk about in here...we walked to a park, rolled a joint and smoked it, then laid on top of a hill looking at the stars then went and played in a park. I guess that's a good sign that she wanted to smoke with me at midnight when she has her own weed, right?? Lol.

That's romantic, shoulda made a move under the stars :)

Haha, I'm terrible at that stuff. I've never been the first one to make a move, it's always been the girl. Major fear of rejection. First time we kissed in December, she made the move, lol. And I don't think we're at the point of kissing yet, but who knows.