MAN ADVICE v2.0

I deleted tinder and made a new OKC profile, and apparently I did a really good job, because now too many women want to hang out.

And I'm also doing that thing where I'm getting way ahead of myself with one of them. I'm playing it very direct yet cautiously with her. Got right to the point after a couple of messages saying "hey, you seem all around awesome, and I'd like to take you out"

After we both decided we can't do this week, she gave me her number so that we can plan for next. And I haven't used it yet. Not until later this week, maybe even the weekend. I just don't want to risk fucking it up before then.

ughhhhhh i just wanna complain to the world but every time i type something i feel dumb and delete it

that's how i feel usually. sometimes i just want to get something off my chest and get some kind of productive feeback, but usually i get a snide answer from my friends so now i just keep it to myself. my life questions are full of monosyllabic answers.. so i just avoid it altogether.

i think it's just because it's so easy to cancel on someone. it comes with no repercussions whatsoever. 

i wouldn't be surprised if i've been cancelled on because a girl just needed to do laundry or something. time sucks. there's not enough of it, and i suppose that life does get in the way of meeting strangers and whatnot.

worse than being flaked on, i think, is actually meeting someone, and getting no response when you text them the next day.

Yeah, I don't think it's just tinder / dating sites / apps.  I think it's just how a lot of people are these days due to always being attached to gadgets like cell phones and tablets.

For example back in the landline days you would call your friends to meet up, and you couldn't not show up, cause then you'd be leaving them hanging.  Which would have been a total dick move. But nowadays people will wait til the last minute, or even til way after an event and then go 'oh yeah something came up.'  Well guess what, it was a dick move back then and it still is now!

I dunno, I find most people flake the majority of the time nowadays.  Also that thing about 'no response is the new "no."' Because people are afraid to say 'no' and hurt peoples feelings or look bad.  It doesn't save anyone any trouble.  It just complicates things when you could just simplify and say 'no' and to all the people who do this: I am on to you!  You are not fooling anyone!  It's super-transparent, and you haven't saved yourself from looking like a jerk, you look like even more of a jerk now!  ^_^ 

Hahahahaha! :D

true. I get it. I have a tight schedule too. But when I save an evening for someone, and make it work... I just don't get how others can't do the same. And then I have a wasted evening because someone cancelled. I think I am over this online dating shit.

i rarely get responses.. i gave up on those dating sites about a year ago..

i have learned (due to flakey friends) not to make any advanced plans.. if someone wants to hang out, they call within hours. i never tell anyone sure anymore  because past experiences left me with missed opportunities due to flakey friends. 

i rarely get responses.. i gave up on those dating sites about a year ago..

i have learned (due to flakey friends) not to make any advanced plans.. if someone wants to hang out, they call within hours. i never tell anyone sure anymore  because past experiences left me with missed opportunities due to flakey friends. 

This is the exact stuff I was talking about.  It's not just your friends, most people seem to be like this now.  It's become an acceptable practice.  I still hold out hope that some people are not, because I know I'm not, so there must be others as well.

I panic about making plans because I'm worried a better opportunity will present itself. /bad person alert.

No offense Lorgan, but this is the problem exactly. We are a generation so built on immediate gratification, and new new new that I think we become obsessed with finding the BEST of everything. From the best burrito, to the best way to spend the evening. 

It is really sad because I think often we miss the best option in search for something better.

I think I am going to give up online dating. I am over it and how surface level it is. That is just not me. If that means I have to be the crazy person that starts conversations with people on the bus, then I am going to do it.

I panic about making plans because I'm worried a better opportunity will present itself. /bad person alert.

I'm terribly confused about posting this now because looking at things I almost always make plans and very rarely cancel them? When I do cancel it's an anxiety induced thing and i generally downgrade plans or cancel all together. 

I do occasionally overbook myself though and that sucks. 

I'm confused with myself.