MAN ADVICE v2.0

Girl says last Tuesday that we should, "Get together sometime next week". We've talked a couple times since, but neither of us brought it up. Now that it's about to be Tuesday of "next week", how long do I wait to ask if she still wants to get together, if she doesn't ask me?

I would probably check to see sometime tomorrow.

You know what's really fun, man advice thread? 

When the first boy that you've liked in a really long time calls you to ask for advice on his ex he still has feelings for. 
That he hooked up with last night. 

THEN having to remain unbiased in the entire conversation and try to help him sort through his feelings. 

\m/

When the first boy that you've liked in a really long time calls you to ask for advice on his ex he still has feelings for.

THEN having to remain unbiased in the entire conversation and try to help him sort through his feelings.

\m/

Woah woah woah. What the hell?? Text me if you wanna talk about it!

That is really crappy :(

\m/

Don't remain unbiased. Tell him he's an idiot, she's an ex for a reason and leave it there.

We are idiots most of the time and never realise what's right in front of us.

We had a really good talk about it, I DID point out that she seemed really manipulative and he agreed. 

We also agreed that he doesn't so much as have feelings for her, but only misses her because he moved to a different state where he doesn't have many friends. It's pretty natural to miss the closest person you had back home in that situation, especially someone you were intimate with. 

The problem is they only broke up because he was moving to a different state for his band, not because of bad blood or an issue. 

We talked it out and I think he's going to officially cut ties with her. So that's good. 

Still an emotionally exhausting situation but apparently I'm a++++++++ with relationship advice. 

(I see Lauryn reading this and she knows exactly who it's about. SRRY LAURYN!!!)

\m/

EWWWWWWW. I'd make an excuse to not have to talk to him about it or tell him that you really can't help him out in that situation. SHITTY thing for him to tell you he did that though. You have feelings too, how can he not understand that?!?!?!  Honestly I would try to stay out of it as much as possible, because lots of things can go wrong, and everytime he wants to talk about it he's going to want to talk to you. 

We had a really good talk about it, I DID point out that she seemed really manipulative and he agreed. 

We also agreed that he doesn't so much as have feelings for her, but only misses her because he moved to a different state where he doesn't have many friends. It's pretty natural to miss the closest person you had back home in that situation, especially someone you were intimate with. 

The problem is they only broke up because he was moving to a different state for his band, not because of bad blood or an issue. 

We talked it out and I think he's going to officially cut ties with her. So that's good. 

Still an emotionally exhausting situation but apparently I'm a++++++++ with relationship advice. 

(I see Lauryn reading this and she knows exactly who it's about. SRRY LAURYN!!!)

HAHAHA!! Ignore my comment. You know yourself too well and can handle pretty much anything like a champ!!!

Don't remain unbiased. Tell him he's an idiot, she's an ex for a reason and leave it there.

We are idiots most of the time and never realise what's right in front of us.

Very true. And then what's right in front of us proceeds to punch us through the ribcage, tear our heart out & stomp it to death.

Sorry. Where did that come from?!

EWWWWWWW. I'd make an excuse to not have to talk to him about it or tell him that you really can't help him out in that situation. SHITTY thing for him to tell you he did that though. You have feelings too, how can he not understand that?!?!?!  Honestly I would try to stay out of it as much as possible, because lots of things can go wrong, and everytime he wants to talk about it he's going to want to talk to you. 

HAHAHA!! Ignore my comment. You know yourself too well and can handle pretty much anything like a champ!!!

Hahahah, I love you. I mean...I'm okay. It was really emotionally draining but he does talk to me about pretty much everything. I guess in the end too...I'd rather know that something like that is going on? Instead of him being distant about it and sending me mixed signals because he doesn't know how to handle his emotions. 

I could have easily made my way out of that situation and ignored it, so I DID bring it on myself. 

Very true. And then what's right in front of us proceeds to punch us through the ribcage, tear our heart out & stomp it to death.

Sorry. Where did that come from?!

I feel like there's a story behind that!

It's shitty but you need to not be the girl he turns to for relationship advice, but the one he turns to someone else to talk about you.

I agree with everyone here, no need to be unbiased.

Also It is really shitt that he put you in that position. I personally would have been like umm you need to talk to your other friends about this because I don't want to be put in this position.

It's shitty but you need to not be the girl he turns to for relationship advice, but the one he turns to someone else to talk about you.

Yeah, I agree. I need to learn how to draw my own boundaries with it too, curiosity killed the cat and all.

When we first started talking, someone took a photo of one of his friends telling him what to say to me VIA text and sent it to me. A+ photo. 

I feel like there's a story behind that!

I agree... he should be self-aware enough to realize Pouter is into him & respect her feelings & not be a douche by asking her advice about his ex. Unless she hasn't made it clear she likes the dude. I dunno, people are confusing.

I agree... he should be self-aware enough to realize Pouter is into him & respect her feelings & not be a douche by asking her advice about his ex. Unless she hasn't made it clear she likes the dude. I dunno, people are confusing.

We're sort of in a weird situation to start. We've never met and were introduced through friends. Every time we get close to meeting something happens or we miss each other by a few days. I think we're both in this weird limbo of "can't develop actual feelings until we meet"/"i think he/she's crushin' but I don't know how to act"  

Hahahah, I love you. I mean...I'm okay. It was really emotionally draining but he does talk to me about pretty much everything. I guess in the end too...I'd rather know that something like that is going on? Instead of him being distant about it and sending me mixed signals because he doesn't know how to handle his emotions. 

I could have easily made my way out of that situation and ignored it, so I DID bring it on myself. 

You are a brave soul. I'll leave it at that. <3 

Unless he knows and is trying to make her jealous? Trying to see her reaction to work out how she feels?

Humans are confusing.

You are a brave soul. I'll leave it at that. <3 

I just pretend!

Unless he knows and is trying to make her jealous? Trying to see her reaction to work out how she feels?

Humans are confusing.

Nah, he's pretty straightforward. I don't think he'd play that card. But who knows, humans ARE confusing.

Yeah there is. And it's the reason I'm done with relationships/girls forever. Not worth the pain.

High five! I'm the same way. The last guy I sort of liked (I rarely like anyone. And this was a weird dumb situation anyways. It wouldn't have worked!) was a huge no go and I'm over it but a little sad but no. No no no. But I still think he's adorable and I want to be his friend that I can text all the time . :wub:

I told Lorgan she has fabulous hair and it's true. Girls can't compete with that. I know I can't!