MAN ADVICE v2.0

I saw the height thing on Tinder a lot recently, most of the time it was like "guys who are 6' 1" or taller are so attractive" stuff like that. Being 5' 9", that doesn't help lol.

Sad high five

5'7" here and that shit sucks. A lot of girls won't even look twice at a dude under 6 feet tall. Hell, even my girlfriend typically won't date guys under 6 feet tall.

Right, that's exactly my point.  As a dude who's 5' 7", are you at all put off by a woman simply because she's 5' 10"? Probably not.

I'm a bit over 6' so maybe I just don't know, but I assume that height matters less to men than it does to women.

If she simply declares in her profile that she's 5' 10", that's not useful.  If she says I'm 5'10" so I prefer men who are that height or taller, THAT is helpful.

I've only ever dated girls my height or a few inches taller. I'm actually dating a girl shorter than me for the first time ever. It's pretty dope.

I don't give a fuck about anything, so height has never mattered to me. There are definitely a ton of dudes out there who would never date a girl taller than them. So I guess that info would be useful for some people.

I've only ever dated girls my height or a few inches taller. I'm actually dating a girl shorter than me for the first time ever. It's pretty dope.

I don't give a fuck about anything, so height has never mattered to me. There are definitely a ton of dudes out there who would never date a girl taller than them. So I guess that info would be useful for some people.

hmm...that's kind of surprising to me.

Do you think that you polled 100 dudes who were 5'7" and 100 women who were 6' tall that you would find more men willing to date the taller woman than women who were willing to date a shorter man?  

To me it felt like mentioning their height was more about stating their preference, but I could be completely wrong.

I can say that I am put off by a woman who's taller than me. Not proud of it by any means, but the couple times that I've given it a shot, it's just felt uncomfortable.

Also, the one I'm seeing now is barely 5'1".

And.

Sigh.

As great as she is.. And she's so great in so, so many ways..

She's just a bad kisser. And it deflated almost all the excitement I had for this situation. Does anyone have any advice to go with this? Because no one else I've asked has had any input other than "man, that's beyond unfortunate."

Would a 20 year old like myself be on like the younger end of OkC? I'm thinking of trying my luck on there but I'm not sure if I'll find many girls my age on there.

Been answered already but now that I've gotten over the stigma of it I think "why didn't I do Internet dating when I was 20? I was an idiot."

You'll get ignored. You'll talk to girls for days/weeks and they will disappear without a word. Just keep plugging away, play the numbers game, and don't get discouraged. Will work out with real dates if you keep at it.

Just don't worry about it. If you like her enough, it's whatever.

that's not a whatever thing though. when you're kissing someone goodbye, there should be passion involved. the kind that makes the goodbye last an extra 5-10 minutes. that's how you leave someone starry-eyed, dying to see you again.

instead, we haven't seen each other since last saturday mostly due to work schedules & prior plans, and i'm mostly prioritizing lame adult productivity over going out with her tomorrow.

Think it's the same way for some guys too. My friend is 6'2" and he won't date a girl unless she's under 5'7". Personally I find that ridiculous, but to each his own. And of course he gets hit on by every girl he encounters. Pisses me off sometimes. 

Been almost a year since I've dated anyone. Need to get laid or something. 

we have a guy at work who's 6'8. total goon. the girls love him. they feel 'safe' and love the attention. you ever see those huge swarm of birds in fields that go every direction in unison? thousands? that's this fuck at the bars or going to the copier

this has made him into a steaming pile. he knows this.

PREFRENCES. height is important to some and not to others.

from a female perspective, I have two friends who did the online dating thing, one is a 6 ft shot-putter, the other is 5’9. looking at both their pictures where are they alone, you could not tell how tall they really were. they put it out there so the dude isn’t surprised when they meet. why not? some guys are insecure and need to be bigger. some guys LOVE when the woman is taller, and some guys don’t care either way. i don’t get what the big deal is about listing heights. I’d rather know more than know less.

personally, I have always been attracted to larger men because I like to feel small and… cozy? but my 5’9 friend regularly went for men her height or shorter, dating is just a big clusterfuck where anything could happen.

Question for the guys here. Do you usually date girls you have known previously and know a bit about, or do you just see total strangers and ask them out? I have yet to date a girl that I haven't known beforehand, and I was curious to those that do ask out strangers, well, how ya do it. :P

Asking strangers out is a no go. What if they're a goddamn serial killer. (That would be dope)

If you can't do it, dont. How intensely were you dating? Two weeks doesn't seem like long enough to even neccesitate a break.

It was going really well, but yesterday she just told me that she's been feeling really bad about herself lately because of things people, including herself, have said and that she doesn't wanna drag me into her problems, so we're being just friends for a while. And she's going to Florida and won't be back till August on top of this.

Question for the guys here. Do you usually date girls you have known previously and know a bit about, or do you just see total strangers and ask them out? I have yet to date a girl that I haven't known beforehand, and I was curious to those that do ask out strangers, well, how ya do it. :P

The internet

from my experience, women love confidence and compliments.

i saw my wife at a party. she was wearing this little blue dress. laughing, twirling.

"you look stunning"

thats all it takes. engage in a conversation with a nice line.

dont lower your head when someone walks by. make eye contact.

so big deal if you bomb. itll eventually make a great story youll laugh to when you need it down the road.

Question for the guys here. Do you usually date girls you have known previously and know a bit about, or do you just see total strangers and ask them out? I have yet to date a girl that I haven't known beforehand, and I was curious to those that do ask out strangers, well, how ya do it.  :P

I just go on vinyl forums and hit on them incessantly until they eventually file a restraining order or end up marrying me.

Works every time.  ;)