MAN ADVICE v2.0

I think this bullshit could be solved if everyone treated everyone the way they deserve to be treated: with some goddamn respect. 

That'll never happen. People are selfish pieces of shit. Doesn't matter how much we want things to change, they won't. We can't magically make all the assholes of the world not be assholes anymore. Unfortunately things like this aren't going to change with our generation.

__

Anyway, back to man advice:

Grow a fucking beard.

That'll never happen. People are selfish pieces of shit. Doesn't matter how much we want things to change, they won't. We can't magically make all the assholes of the world not be assholes anymore. Unfortunately things like this aren't going to change with our generation.

Thank you. I find comments like that so stupid. OBVIOUSLY IF EVERYONE TREATED EVERYONE WITH RESPECT THE WORLD WOULD BE BETTER. Derp. That's not going to happen, and men treating women like objects is near the top of the list of things that need to change. That's where feminism comes in. It exists for a fucking reason, stop pretending like it's just a fancy word that doesn't need to exist. Stop pretending like you're better than feminism, and that you don't need that word in order for yourself to treat women with respect. Guess what? It's not about you. It's for the women who have to deal with bullshit every fucking day that us dudes will never, or very rarely experience.

And that will be my last post on this topic.

__

Anyway, back to man advice:

Grow a fucking beard.

I'm pretty shocked to see a statement like this come from you. I haven't been on much lately, so maybe you've changed your tune, but aren't you the dude who glorifies being an asshole and not caring about anything?

Sense the tone.

FYI - His message was actually directed at me. I wrote a really sarcastic response but ultimately deleted after I thought it sort of targeted him unfairly when really it was applicable to a broader cross-section.

I figured an unhelpful response about how most conversation in here isn't helpful wasn't really... helping anything.  :D

I tried like 5 times to respond to this thread yesterday, thwarted by mobile each time. It was long winded and whatnot, but I feel like cooler heads have prevailed at this point, and that it's better to save some of it for the next time everyone gets riled up about gendered issues.

I tried like 5 times to respond to this thread yesterday, thwarted by mobile each time. It was long winded and whatnot, but I feel like cooler heads have prevailed at this point, and that it's better to save some of it for the next time everyone gets riled up about gendered issues.

Same here. 

I apparently have a talent for making this thread blow up with my criticisms of dates and their profiles.

just from what I’ve observed and the things you’ve said. You’re being way to critical of these women. It’s like you’re analyzing tax documents. You will never find your ideal girl. You can’t find a girl who checks all the boxes off your list because she doesn’t exist. And it’s more fun that way… a person who doesn’t check all of our boxes keep things interesting, fun, new. I know first impressions are important but I don’t think any of the things you’ve mentioned have been reasons to totally write someone off i.e the cheese bread incident. It’s honestly like looking for a house, decide on some non-negotiables: you want kids? you want someone who shares an active lifestyle? you want someone with a college education? decide on a few and ease up on the other things. I think apps like tinder (especially) and okay cupid (to an extent) are bullshit for the dudes/ladies who are looking for a real connection. My last serious relationship before the one I’m in now, I was not at all physically attracted to the guy when I first met him. that definitely came on over time as I got to know him. Ladies are real people, we eat cheese bread and sleep in and sometimes our hair is dirty. We can’t be a perfect little blowup doll version of ourselves all the time.

My advice to you, since you didn’t even ask... would be to ease up, have some fun. It’s hard to understand tone on the internet, but you always come across so critical and serious on here. Go on some dates with women you wouldn’t normally consider ‘your type’ and just give it a chance.

FYI - His message was actually directed at me. I wrote a really sarcastic response but ultimately deleted after I thought it sort of targeted him unfairly when really it was applicable to a broader cross-section.

I figured an unhelpful response about how most conversation in here isn't helpful wasn't really... helping anything.  :D

Someone needs to learn how to use the quote tool. Haha.

Lebowski, how long was your most serious relationship?

A little over a year and I am currently seeing someone I met online so I think your read is off. I'd agree that I err on the side of being picky, but it is not the case that I have incredibly high standards of women that no one could ever meet.

My take -- Despite us constantly arguing amongst ourselves about the ethics of flipping vinyl and whether Brand New is cool or not, VC is a fairly homogenous population of personality types when compared to the population as a whole. Say something that fit with that view of the world, and a shitstorm breaks loose for a couple pages and then things calm down.

I don't think I'm being ignorant, I'm expressing a viewpoint that doesn't fit the VC mold. None of what anyone has said has made me feel differently or feel like a bad person for being critical of some women. Just kinda think "whatever -- people here can call me an ass and shallow if they want but it doesn't change what I'm going to say or do."

I'm pretty shocked to see a statement like this come from you. I haven't been on much lately, so maybe you've changed your tune, but aren't you the dude who glorifies being an asshole and not caring about anything?

Yeah, I am an asshole in some regards. There are different levels of everything. But think about how much you actually know me; you pretty much know nothing about me. You aren't really going to get my life story, my opinion about every subject, how I react to every situation from a damn vinyl forum. I like being a sarcastic dick, but that doesn't mean I am a bad person. Sure a lot of people are put off by my humor, but then again, I don't care. I don't aim to please everyone. But when it comes down to it, I believe in being a good person to those who deserve it. Gender equality? Fuck yeah. Racial equality? Fuck yeah. Animal rights? Fuck yeah. There's so much more to me than you know. You know my online personality. Maybe talk to someone who has known me for a while, and interacted with me in person.

I have a general attitude to not care about people because most of them are assholes. But that doesn't mean I don't care about anything. I don't glorify being an asshole. You're making assumptions.