Need $ for security deposit vinyl addiction led to divorce

Guest punko9

I hate to sound "full of myself", but I'm pretty sure that was about me. I called him out in this thread about flipping records on discogs and eBay. 

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/102325-please-help-i-need-rbf-ttro-hot-topic/#entry1915016

Damn.  I was definitely out of the loop on this one.  That's what I get for not frequenting this sub-forum all too often.  Not going to get my hands dirty or talk shit here, but I'll just say that's unfortunate.  The lack of avatar should have been a dead giveaway.  You can never trust anyone who can't be bothered to upload an avatar.

Damn.  I was definitely out of the loop on this one.  That's what I get for not frequenting this sub-forum all too often.  Not going to get my hands dirty or talk shit here, but I'll just say that's unfortunate.  The lack of avatar should have been a dead giveaway.  You can never trust anyone who can't be bothered to upload an avatar.

Do I feel bad for coming across as an asshole? Yeah, I do. I'm (for the most part) a respectful and kind hearted person. It just pissed me off that he asked me my opinion on how much a record was worth (I document what all my records are worth just in case something happens to me, so my family/friends can sell them, as ridiculous as that sounds) and then listed it on eBay for more than double the number that I gave him. 

Do I feel bad for coming across as a asshole? Yeah, I do. I'm (for the most part) a respectful and kind hearted person. It just pissed me off that he asked me my opinion on how much a record was worth (I document what all my records are worth just in case something happens to me, so my family/friends can sell them, as ridiculous as that sounds) and then listed it on eBay for more than double the number that I gave him. 

I think you were fine man. Not even close to an asshole.

Guest punko9

I was actually talking about the guy with the sealed blink albums. But I see I'm gonna be torn apart now. I have all the respect for u guys and yeah I asked how much the lillingtons was worth. I looked it up on collectors frenzy and a sealed one went for 162$. I was trying to make a few bucks because I bought 4 from that guy he was talking about. I kept 3 and wanted to make money to buy more record. I've tried trading people on here before but this is the first time listing multiple albums. I hate getting rid of any but this is pretty much my only to get some quick money. I'm an honest dude and didn't mean any disrespect. I enjoy this site. Have mercy. Thanks again to all who have helped and stood up for me.

Guest punko9

I don't have the internet and can't upload from my shit phone. This sucks now you guys sticking up for me have turned. Anyways see ya around. Thanks again I'm done defending myself. Just a collector who wants to be part of the community if you'll have me.

I don't have the internet and can't upload from my shit phone. This sucks now you guys sticking up for me have turned. Anyways see ya around. Thanks again I'm done defending myself. Just a collector who wants to be part of the community if you'll have me.

didn't you say you could upload pics?  oh you don't have the internet and can't upload from your "shit phone"

makes perfect sense.

People stuck up for you because they saw someone potentially going through a rough time, and believe it or not some people here can be pretty empathetic and caring.

But once they all realized you're the type of guy who buys 4 copies of every record to flip, and then asks others to help YOU find a rare record at a good price.... well, it kind of makes sense why someone would want to divorce you. 

Nothing personal, but if my significant other was buying 4 copies of every album for "investment" purposes, I'd probably leave her real quick as well.

Yeah, I thought about this as well.  3-4 copies of every album (especially with so much Hot Topic shit in the list) equates to anywhere from ~$65 to ~$120 per release in that initial post.  I doubt I could live under the same roof with anyone who dropped $300+ on three Green Day albums.

Guest punko9

I did say it was an addiction. I do appreciate those of u who helped with some funds. It was going good till the vultures started circling. I've seen it before and didn't mean to offend but I can't watch u kick me when I'm down. Continue with tearing me a new one. Just wanted to be part of the gang but I see I'm not welcome. Thanks again for those who helped. They will ship Monday

I did say it was an addiction. I do appreciate those of u who helped with some funds. It was going good till the vultures started circling. I've seen it before and didn't mean to offend but I can't watch u kick me when I'm down. Continue with tearing me a new one. Just wanted to be part of the gang but I see I'm not welcome. Thanks again for those who helped. They will ship Monday

*u is actually spelled "you" in case u weren't aware.

Just wanted to be part of the gang but I see I'm not welcome.

Don't take it too personally; it's not just you.  These forums will give a cold shoulder to pretty much anyone who buys records in bulk and attempts to sell them at inflated prices, shortly after.  We discriminate equally.

You may want to try your luck with this gang instead.