Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

Fuck, I can't find the post anymore. Probably got deleted... someone spoke too early? I don't know but I'm pretty sure I didn't just imagine it :) It had a shitload of comments too, mostly from people who recently e-bayed the shit for $200+ ha ha.

I'm sure they're coming but Y'all fire up Kranky's e-mail, I'm too lazy  :P

• 2 weeks later...

Really solid band, VILLAGES (has pretty extensive catalog of releases) the newest which is a burner, is pressed on vinyl and available via his band camp. You also can stream the entire album too before buying, but trust me its very very good stuff...Key tracks to check out: Devouring the Whole, Pillars in Half Light, and Out of the Mines....

https://villages1.bandcamp.com/album/procession-acts

Limited Edition LP with hand numbered newsprint insert. Edition of 300.

• 2 weeks later...

That's true. But I think that entire AWVFTS press was clear to begin with. (I believe they also recently starting selling clear copies of a Deerhunter album, as a new press.) I can't imagine them ever offering more than one color choice, honestly.

Those elusive green "friends" copies of Refinement are something else, too. Shrouded in such mystery.

The new AWVFTS album was clear! Definitely no variants from Kranky though.

Edit: except for the green Refinement of the Decline listed on discogs that no one seems to know anything about

That AWVFTS clear was probably from the Erased Tapes pressing, allowing Kranky to distro it, I would guess.

That's true. But I think that entire AWVFTS press was clear to begin with. I( believe they also recently starting selling clear copies of a Deerhunter album.) I can't imagine them ever offering more than one color choice, honestly.

Those elusive green "friends" copies of Refinement are something else, too. Shrouded in such mystery.

Agreed, Kranky are a one color label. I can imagine them scoffing at the concept of variants.

That AWVFTS clear was probably from the Erased Tapes pressing, allowing Kranky to distro it, I would guess.

As Derek said above, the entire Kranky pressing was clear (Kranky labels on clear vinyl).