PO NOW: Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate) - You Will Eventually Be Forgotten

Still haven't gotten it, so have held off on listening.  But been reading some impressions and reviews, and man is it getting smacked in ratings. I know it usually doesn't mean much, but with the hype behind all of their other releases, this must really be a step down for them. 

Who's rating it low other than that ridiculous Sputnik review? I've just seen glowing reviews.

This album is fantastic.

Guess you really like this band, haha. And I don't think anyone has said it's bad. Just that it's a major step down from their previous works.

I love this band, but that was a joke. I'm just interested where you're hearing this because the way you worded it made it seem so widespread. I've been eating up all the info surrounding this and really haven't noticed anything.

I love this band, but that was a joke. I'm just interested where you're hearing this because the way you worded it made it seem so widespread. I've been eating up all the info surrounding this and really haven't noticed anything.

Didn't realize I made it sound like that. I just always use Sputnik when looking for good bands and it seems that all of Empire! Empire!'s stuff on their is greatly reviewed, but the people on there who even loved their older stuff seem to think this album is just ok. I haven't listened to much of their older work, so I guess I will have to get to listening and see for myself :P

Didn't realize I made it sound like that. I just always use Sputnik when looking for good bands and it seems that all of Empire! Empire!'s stuff on their is greatly reviewed, but the people on there who even loved their older stuff seem to think this album is just ok. I haven't listened to much of their older work, so I guess I will have to get to listening and see for myself :P

Ah so it was just the Sputnik review! Haha sorry for grilling you :ph34r:

just always use Sputnik when looking for good bands 

Sputnik is the worst.  Besides the few good reviewers, it's full of ass holes who still think it's cool to call each other faggots and gay.  Just read the first few comments on the review for this album.  http://www.sputnikmusic.com/review/63923/Empire%21-Empire%21-%28I-Was-a-Lonely-Estate%29-You-Will-Eventually-Be-Forgotten/

Also, that YakNips dude who posts there all the time is the kid who ripped off all the labels and has yet to pay them back.

The members there, for the most part, seem like the members here who are thankfully contained within the Blink thread.

Ah so it was just the Sputnik review! Haha sorry for grilling you :ph34r:

Haha no worries. And with that sale CYLS is having, I will probably just have to immerse myself in their discography. 

Sputnik is the worst.  Besides the few good reviewers, it's full of ass holes who still think it's cool to call each other faggots and gay.  Just read the first few comments on the review for this album.  

I don't usually read the comments or anything. I just use it because it seems to be the biggest music review site, and so many people use it that it's easy to find impressions of albums that aren't usually talked about on other sites.

Haha no worries. And with that sale CYLS is having, I will probably just have to immerse myself in their discography. 

I don't usually read the comments or anything. I just use it because it seems to be the biggest music review site, and so many people use it that it's easy to find impressions of albums that aren't usually talked about on other sites.

rateyourmusic.com is generally a good indicator for whether or not an album is complete shit or not, and it has a lot more ratings.  The only time I ever really bother with sites like that though is when I'm getting into a new band with numerous releases, and want to find a good starting point.