Jimmy Eat World Vinyl Reissues - Static Prevails, Clarity and Futures

was telling Ashton i just listened to these fellas for the first time a week or two ago.

im going to check them out in order of who ranked what the highest to lowest.

i shall return.

:)

Clarity > Futures > Chase This Light > Static Prevails > Bleed American > Invented > Damage

Though it's more like 

Clarity > Futures > Chase This Light / Static Prevails / Bleed American / Invented / Damage

lol

I can't do this.

via email:

SRCvinyl - Jimmy Eat World Pre Order & Pressing Info + Posters

Yesterday we launched pre orders for not 1, not 2 but 3 Jimmy Eat World vinyl reissues! We are so excited to be able to bring these to you! As well, we have created some really cool posters for each release which will be given away with each SRC order! We are expecting to receive the posters next week so keep an eye out on our social networks for a peek at those.

If you have not yet pre ordered we suggest you do so ASAP to assure you will get your copy for release date. 

Also in Jimmy Eat World vinyl news, stay tuned as for we will be launching some giveaways over the next few weeks with various websites!!!

you guys really hating on damage that much? that's up there for me...thought it was phenomenal start to finish

its definitely a great album. But I remember listening to it and thought it was to "lovey." Now I love JEW and know that love and relationships are the basis of pretty much every song, but instead of a deep, emotional feeling that an album like Futures gave me, Damage seemed more fake and more accessible to the kind of love songs that are given radioplay. And to be fair, writing love songs for that long would probably make me cynical. Could be what happened.

But I honestly just need to give it a few more proper spins... sorry for the rant haha.

I'm not hating on Damage at all.  These guys are my favorite band of all time (see username) and it's seriously so hard to rank the albums.  I don't like doing it haha.  The only reason why I ended with Invented/Damage like that is because they're newer and I haven't spent the amount of time on those as I did growing up with the rest of the discography.

I think each record can fit any given mood and that's one of the things I love most about this band.

The 3 original tracks on SOMST are pretty great, but the remix and the Heatmiser cover are quite weak in my opinion, which lets the EP down a little.

Just the fact that the Heatmiser cover EXISTS makes me so happy that I automatically love it. Also, I do just think it's really good.

Futures > Clarity > Chase This Light > Damage > Bleed American > Invented > Static Prevails

I saw them live last December and I was standing right in front of Tom. They played Blister and I sang along and afterwards he reached down and gave me his guitar pick.

that's awesome! the coolest thing i have is a crumpled up setlist that a roadie gave me after their 2nd show at the forum in london. a slightly drunk jim then "autographed" it for me afterwards.

I think I wrote this in another JEW thread, but the best album argument seems to fall a bit along generational lines.

The older folks I think are going to gravitate towards Clarity, like myself, because we all heard that album when it was released (or shortly after).  It was quite the amazing album, probably the best "emo" (of the late 90s catch-all variety) album there is.  Even my friends who would rather listen to Combat Wounded Veteran than the Get Up Kids liked Clarity.  

One could make a case for Bleed American being their best album, but for me Clarity perfectly balances the beauty and rawness that they had at that stage, as a true emo-rock band.

Anyway, I'm going to bet most of the people who rank Futures as their favorite, either heard Bleed American first or Futures first and are a little bit younger than the Clarity folks.

via email:

SRCvinyl - Jimmy Eat World Pre Order & Pressing Info + Posters

Yesterday we launched pre orders for not 1, not 2 but 3 Jimmy Eat World vinyl reissues! We are so excited to be able to bring these to you! As well, we have created some really cool posters for each release which will be given away with each SRC order! We are expecting to receive the posters next week so keep an eye out on our social networks for a peek at those.

If you have not yet pre ordered we suggest you do so ASAP to assure you will get your copy for release date. 

Also in Jimmy Eat World vinyl news, stay tuned as for we will be launching some giveaways over the next few weeks with various websites!!!

I ordered though the JEW website. Seriously bummed if I missed out on these posters.

It's funny, because I can't agree with anyone's ranking of the JEW albums unless it is my own. 

I think the generational comment is correct, but I don't think generational is the proper word. I think it just depends on what 2 albums you found first, and those are going to be the first two albums on your list (or at least 2 of the top 4). I am 29 (freshly) and found Bleed American first, followed by discovering Clarity. However, Futures came out in 2004 and I was immediately drawn to it. Chase This Light was too great to put lower in the list. It is the most overlooked JEW album. Most of us have reached a consensus that Invented is terrible, and Static just doesn't seem like it should be included in most lists. 

Anywho, the moral of the story is that everyone should have feelings about this band, and it doesn't really matter where you place what record. 

that's awesome! the coolest thing i have is a crumpled up setlist that a roadie gave me after their 2nd show at the forum in london. a slightly drunk jim then "autographed" it for me afterwards.

Ha, I've been to the first London show. When I heard that they will play Clarity and Bleed American in their entirety I immediately bought tickets and booked flights. Just a week after that they announced a C/BA show in Germany, which would have been way cheaper. No regrets though, they've been as good as always.

Ha, I've been to the first London show. When I heard that they will play Clarity and Bleed American in their entirety I immediately bought tickets and booked flights. Just a week after that they announced a C/BA show in Germany, which would have been way cheaper. No regrets though, they've been as good as always.

We were in the same building then!  I was upstairs the first night, front row center the second night. I flew over from NJ via Dublin and it wouldn't make sense to only go to one night haha.