Jimmy Eat World Vinyl Reissues - Static Prevails, Clarity and Futures

Not sure the band is even interested in it being pressed.  They've mentioned not caring for it to be rereleased.

They all don't care until someone bugs the label and tries to release it on their own, then they get super pissed and tell twitter that they will have a super deluxe ultra unobtanium 700 gram version that is so much more special. Both versions will still be 34.00 dollars because didn't you hear guys? Vinyl is exploitable again! 

They all don't care until someone bugs the label and tries to release it on their own, then they get super pissed and tell twitter that they will have a super deluxe ultra unobtanium 700 gram version that is so much more special. Both versions will still be 34.00 dollars because didn't you hear guys? Vinyl is exploitable again! 

I can't wait for the 700 gram version I heard it comes with sweat pants as well.

Guys clarify this to me: Is JEW really THAT popular in states and europe, that their(at least old) albums sold out fast and can cost that much?

The records didn't sell out fast, really.  It's just that vinyl became popular again after these records went OOP.  For Futures at least.

Aren't these all 180 gram colored double LP gatefolds? I don't think 30 bucks per release is that crazy, considering that.

unless something costs $15 "like the olden days" then people are bound to bitch. I'm in the same boat as you though, especially considering the international pressing plant used, this seems to be an accepted justification for MOV releases being $40+, but no matter what people are gonna hate...especially if its an SRC release...

unless something costs $15 "like the olden days" then people are bound to bitch. I'm in the same boat as you though, especially considering the international pressing plant used, this seems to be an accepted justification for MOV releases being $40+, but no matter what people are gonna hate...especially if its an SRC release...

It is not really about hating SRC but rather about necessity.

Standard vinyl in a standard jacket is just fine for me, too.

It is not really about hating SRC but rather about necessity.

Standard vinyl in a standard jacket is just fine for me, too.

agreed. I was way more willing to dish out $20 for the 180g single LP re-release of Bleed American over the $50 3LP one. I'm just way excited to be able to snag their first two albums combined for about half of a first press copy of either of those

Pulled the trigger on all three. Had to do it. Been lusting after/stalking these three for years, trying to find a good price. Found out last week about the tour and let myself have a little tinge of hope for a Futures repress. So, when I saw the link today, I couldn't resist. From the JEW webstore it came out to like $113 for all three, including tax and ground shipping which I consider pretty affordable for the purported quality and my own personal "want-factor".

And now, we wait...

^^ Futures. Still up actually:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jimmy-Eat-World-Futures-Vinyl-/281369781930?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4182f226aa

NVM he updated to say shipping mid september. tis the new press. ugh to people

wow, what a scumbag. fuck that guy. totally felt like the old press based on the lack of description