PO: The Rural Alberta Advantage-Mended With Gold

Got my clear with gold flakes on Friday. Saddle Creek knows how to package their stuff. Came with two posters, a sticker, a tattoo, a patch, a clear flexi disc, and a handwritten note.

Hmm I dont recall it saying the saddle creek one came with the flexi? Since I am getting one from a record store and not direct mail order wonder if they will include the flexi or not? Really don't mind either way considering its just a song off the record...I never understood the reasoning for this. If it were a b-side or alt version, heck even live version of something i'd care about it...

I wonder what they'll have with them on tour.  I also wonder what my local store will be getting.  

But holy shit, I am so excited to see them.  They came through Edmonton a few years ago right after Departing was released, but I was a couple days shy of turning 18, so I missed it.  Then two years ago, I saw them with Dan Mangan, but they were the opener, and it was in a massive concert hall, which was kind of cool, cause the sound was great, but the atmosphere was like Sunday church.  Now I get to see them at a sold out show in a small club in downtown Edmonton, and they're not even going on till midnight.  Can't wait to hear Edmonton, Tornado 87, Ballad of the RAA, etc, in Edmonton.

I wonder what they'll have with them on tour.  I also wonder what my local store will be getting.  

well there are WAY TOO MANY variants for this, so I would image they will have at least 2 different colors on tour....but probably not the striped or clear/gold splatter or black/gold splatter...more than likely the grey, gold, or the other black and gold type variant! LOL jeez too many IMO

Got my Clear with Gold Splatter from Saddle Creek and my black with gold splatter from Paper Bag but still waiting on the Black Gold Striped Deluxe Package from Paper Bag Records. The Flexi they sent with the deluxe orders was the free ones they were giving away at the Pitchfork Music Festival. I assume they just had some left over and threw them in the with the deluxe orders. This record kills by the way. To Be Scared may be my favorite RAA song ever. Not as immediately satisfying as their first two but damn does this record grow on you.

Did anybody who ordered the black and gold striped version from Paper Bag receive their order yet? 

i received mine last week, however it is damaged. last track side one is terrible thanx to poorly melted vinyl. Probably shouldn't have even tried playing that track after seeing the issue.... bet i didn't do my needle and favours.

Picked up my clear gold splatter today! (from local shop) No flexi ...but no worries...

Watch there release show live!!!! Not sure how long this will stay up? Skip ahead to about 25:00 or so is when it starts! Good stuff! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6NI4Pcrclg&feature=youtu.be&utm_source=Paper+Bag+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=63d22ee3ed-Paper_Bag_Post12_9_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2f38544fd8-63d22ee3ed-95532533&mc_cid=63d22ee3ed&mc_eid=6b8ba2a7a6

Now to track down a cassette...

Picked up my clear gold splatter today! (from local shop) No flexi ...but no worries...

Watch there release show live!!!! Not sure how long this will stay up? Skip ahead to about 25:00 or so is when it starts! Good stuff! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6NI4Pcrclg&feature=youtu.be&utm_source=Paper+Bag+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=63d22ee3ed-Paper_Bag_Post12_9_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2f38544fd8-63d22ee3ed-95532533&mc_cid=63d22ee3ed&mc_eid=6b8ba2a7a6

Now to track down a cassette...

not sure where yuo're located but i found one (they had two more) at Rough Trade in Brooklyn..

hit me up if you can't find one.  I am sure it will still be there by this weekend.

Finally got down to Paper Bag's office today to pick up my order.

Black/gold stripe LP with signed jacket, coffee mug, patch, flexi, and a Paper Bag sampler CD. The 45/33 flexi is indeed double sided with one side at 33 rpm and one side at 45 rpm. It sounds like the exact same song ("45/33") on both sides.

Finally got down to Paper Bag's office today to pick up my order.

Black/gold stripe LP with signed jacket, coffee mug, patch, flexi, and a Paper Bag sampler CD. The 45/33 flexi is indeed double sided with one side at 33 rpm and one side at 45 rpm. It sounds like the exact same song ("45/33") on both sides.

check your lp for pressing damage... last track on side 1 is not playable for me. replaced with gold splatter :(

• 3 weeks later...