MAYANS MC (fka as Sons of Anarchy Final Season Thread (**Possible Spoilers**) Thread)

So I've got a few questions to pose to you guys.

Do you think the new Sheriff is serious about working with the club? Or do you think she's using them until she can get her way and take them all down?

Do you think Jury was the one who told the Chinese what happened? Or do you think the crooked cop flipped and is playing both sides? He seemed quite quick to take out the pawn shop guy.

Not sure about the sheriff. I like her no-bullshit attitude, though. (As an aside: RIP black sheriff guy who's been around since season 4.)

I'm like 99% sure that Jury made a call on-screen to Lin at the end of episode three or four after staring introspectively at those dog tags and the shotgun for an entire episode or two. I can't remember though, because so much shit has been happening. Barosky seems to be pretty straight with Jax - he hasn't crossed him yet, despite Jax shitting all over his lap for a whole season now. 

You're probably right. I'm just scared to see what's going to happen when Jax finds out it was Jury. That's going to be a bloody, sad war.

Also, Juice isn't going to kill Gemma. That would've happened at the end of the episode and her bloody body would've been in the montage. Duh. No but really Katey is still filming in the show.

I still think Jax will find out about Gemma killing Tara because Juice will try a last ditch resort to save his life. I also still think Jax will die by Gemma's hand.

That'd be interesting, but I just can't see Gemma killing Jax, or being able to kill Jax. I'm pretty sure Jax will find out about her killing Tara, though. The how I'm not sure about. Juice could certainly do it. Right before Jax kills him.

This season has not been good. i know they were running out of steam, but they could cut this down to like 6 episodes and i'd be fine. This stuff with all the rival gangs is just filler until the last episode when we find out about Jax and Gemma.

Not what I was expecting this week. I mean, I knew Juice wouldn't kill Gemma - but the preview for next week very strongly implies that Jax welcomes him back into the club, presumably after Juice tells him that Gemma smoked Tara?

For Sons of Anarchy, that's like, three episodes' worth of plot in one preview. So either these next few episodes are going to be fucking explosive, or everything is coming to a head in episode six (seven? I stopped counting) and the remaining episodes will detail Unser's cancer treatment and Tig's relationship with Venus.

I don't know which one of those possibilities is more appealing. 

Something has got to give soon. I could tell by the way Nero looked at the camera, holding Gemma at the end of the episode, that he was figuring it out - considering her reaction to him storming in, and Juice pussy-footing around her involvement in Tara's murder, I don't think it'd be hard for him to put it together. On top of that, he was even skeptical when Jax told him that Lin did it.

Still, I think Juice is more likely to tell Jax in the end. 

An aside: Man, I really thought Nero was going to die this episode and that had my stomach in a knot for the whole ninety minutes. This fucking guy and his goddamn cardigans will get out of anything.

I don't think things are overly complicated. Gang wars don't tend to be neat and tidy. Maybe it's just me but I can follow most of this fairly well. I like the way things are going with the Mayans and Bastards as well, and this war with Marx is going to be bloody. Yeah, there are a lot of events that led to lots of things, but that's what happens when you have seven seasons of events and development.

There are some episodes that I can see are a lot of filler, but I don't think this was one of them.

That's how I felt.  Not a lot really happened.  I thought the fist fight with the nazis was cheesy too.

Does anyone else thing the Grim Bastards have the coolest logo?

I feel like the Marilyn Mason/Aryan Brotherhood storyline is just tacked on to add more bodies - cops and One Niners - to the mix by the time the series is over. That being said, Chibs saying "Okey-doke" and the Nazis' reaction to Jax revealing all of those dead bodies was priceless.

The Grim Bastards are definitely some of the coolest. They're a real motorcycle club, too. What I'm curious about is why they and SOA are on good terms again, and since when? T.O. watched Jax kill his cousin in season 5 and they haven't been seen since then. I can only assume they arrived at some dumbass biker truce, but they're acting a little too buddy-buddy for that. 

i feel like next week's episode has to be better/more interesting. It seems they will finally resolve the Juice storyline and Jurry has to make an appearance soon to get his revenge on Jax. And eventually, rival gangs will have to stop trusting Samcro, right? RIGHT?

I feel like the Marilyn Mason/Aryan Brotherhood storyline is just tacked on to add more bodies - cops and One Niners - to the mix by the time the series is over. That being said, Chibs saying "Okey-doke" and the Nazis' reaction to Jax revealing all of those dead bodies was priceless.

The Grim Bastards are definitely some of the coolest. They're a real motorcycle club, too. What I'm curious about is why they and SOA are on good terms again, and since when? T.O. watched Jax kill his cousin in season 5 and they haven't been seen since then. I can only assume they arrived at some dumbass biker truce, but they're acting a little too buddy-buddy for that.

Jax killed his cousin because his cousin killed Opie. And technically Chibs killed him. True Bastards and SAMCRO had always been tight before that, and in the first episode of this season Bobby told Jax that they helped the Bastards after the gang who works for Marx took out some of the Bastards.

Tonight was a filler episode if I've ever seen one. Still, I was pretty well entertained by that Greensleeves guy getting gored by a window, and there were two bits that really kept me on the edge of my seat - but in retrospect, one of them was really shitty:

When Happy and Rat showed up to take Gemma away, I was sure she was going to try and gun them down and run once they got to the cabin. I fucking love Happy, man. But looking back on it now, why the fuck couldn't Jax have just called her and said "Hey, we need your help with this drug addict at the cabin?" Why did Happy and Rat have to be so vague about what was going on? Sure, it ultimately led to Abel overhearing that Gemma killed Tara, but that could have been done in a way much less stilted.

Bobby, though, man. That scene had my heart fucking pumping. I knew that characters - like, actual main characters - were going to have to start dying soon, but I really didn't want Bobby to be the first to go. Anyway, the preview for next week's episode showed that he's still kicking, so I'm not sure what plot this is serving; Jax and co. will storm some warehouse, gun down a bunch of Marks' guys, and then Jax will be extra real mad when he kills Marks. Was that worth Bobby's eye?

I'm disappointed with Juice's role in this episode. At first I thought they were sending him off to some noble suicide-by-cop death, but what went down is really pretty cheesy. They've made out Juice as fucking scum - he may as well have killed another member in Jax's eyes (well, there's Miles, but does anyone know about that?), and now, presumably, he's working his way back in by tending to the club's prison errands? So he'll kill Lin, who is now at the bottom of SAMCRO's priority list despite Jax thinking he killed Tara, and maybe do something with the Aryan Brotherhood inside, and all of a sudden Chibs and Jax won't want him fucking gutted anymore? I don't get it.

i feel like next week's episode has to be better/more interesting. It seems they will finally resolve the Juice storyline and Jurry has to make an appearance soon to get his revenge on Jax. And eventually, rival gangs will have to stop trusting Samcro, right? RIGHT?

It looks like Jury is finally going to come back next week, and from the preview I think he's going to reveal to Jax Gemma's role in killing his dad. And then probably fuck him up pretty good (but I'd still like to know what exactly his connection was to the dead guy from episode two).

i don't know why i watch this show. All of Brusker Du's points about last night's episode were dead on. Nobody could have told Gemma what was going on at the cabin?

pI1w9.gif

And the thing with Juice made no sense and was stupid, too. And why would Unser still want to associate with SOA? Especially after they fired at cops and the club "didn't seem surprised Juice got picked up," indicating it was a scam. Whatever, it's only TV. Who cares?