MAYANS MC (fka as Sons of Anarchy Final Season Thread (**Possible Spoilers**) Thread)

I think so too, but a still photo SOA posted on Facebook showed Jax standing (back to the camera) as filming wrapped up for the final episode. This leads me to believe that he makes it to the end, so... maybe they'll just kill everyone from the Indian Hills charter to escape their vengeance. As good as last night's episode was - I loved the jazz over the chase scene - I wouldn't put it past this show to kill an entire club and write it off as "Well, I mean, y'know... Jax."

this would be a terrible, terrible ending.

Like others have said, The acting on last nights episode was probably the best I've ever seen on this show. I haven't been a huge fan of the longer episodes this season but I didn't mind last nights. It flowed really well together and didn't feel like it was that long.

I think Gemma dies but not at the hands of Jax.

yeah for an hour and 40 minutes it seemed to move pretty quick and though not allowed happened "action wise"  the acting was spot on.  that scene when nero is on the phone with jax and you cant hear jax's side but just watch nero react was one of the best acting scenes this show has had.  

i half expected more shit to go down but juice coming clean and all the stuff unwinding with gemma was a long time coming and really setting up some interesting options for how this will all pan out.  damn break next week...

They don't shoot movies or TV in chronological order, so him being in the last scene they shot doesn't mean anything.

Good point.

I have to agree, the acting last night was some of the best for SOA. Jimmy Smits really is talented - he's the perfect guy to play Nero, I think. And I haven't spent much time rooting for Juice this season, but after his dialogue with Jax last night ("I shot him" may have been his best delivery ever), I feel like he really has redeemed himself. 

Good point.

I have to agree, the acting last night was some of the best for SOA. Jimmy Smits really is talented - he's the perfect guy to play Nero, I think. And I haven't spent much time rooting for Juice this season, but after his dialogue with Jax last night ("I shot him" may have been his best delivery ever), I feel like he really has redeemed himself.

Exactly! I kinda forgot that Jax sent Juice there that night and how killing Eli actually prevented a lot of heat on the club.

Man... That episode. As someone else said, the scene where Nero is on the phone with Jax was simply amazing. Some of the best acting. And then the scene with Jax and Nero at the end. Man. Also, as much as I hate Gemma, that last scene with her and Abel killed me.

Also, that Jazz music over the chase scene was akazing. I loved it.

My new theory is that the council will vote for Jax to meet Mr. Mayhem and then Wendy and the club will raise Abel, and the last scene will be a grown up Abel sitting at the head of the table. Sutter said it would be a bit of a "Godfather ending," and I think it'll either be similar to what I just said, or Jax will somehow live and the final scene will be him sitting sitj the rest of the club.

Man... That episode. As someone else said, the scene where Nero is on the phone with Jax was simply amazing. Some of the best acting. And then the scene with Jax and Nero at the end. Man. Also, as much as I hate Gemma, that last scene with her and Abel killed me.

Also, that Jazz music over the chase scene was akazing. I loved it.

My new theory is that the council will vote for Jax to meet Mr. Mayhem and then Wendy and the club will raise Abel, and the last scene will be a grown up Abel sitting at the head of the table. Sutter said it would be a bit of a "Godfather ending," and I think it'll either be similar to what I just said, or Jax will somehow live and the final scene will be him sitting sitj the rest of the club.

This could be pretty cool, but if Jax is going to die, I want it to be as the direct result of something that has been boiling over for a long time - not because he made a hotheaded mistake and killed Jury. I think that either SAMCRO will weasel their way out of the Indian Hills situation (like, by convincing them that Jury was the rat), or if they do vote for Jax to meet Mr. Mayhem, there'll be a bloodbath - and Jax will walk away. 

I think if someone is going to kill Jax, it's going to be Gemma, in a paranoid frenzy while on the run. Then either Nero will kill her, or she'll cover it up and Abel will kill her many years later. I dunno.

you guys really liked the jazz over the chase scene?  I thought it was awful! Comical even.  I may be wrong, but there has not been one other instance of Jazz setting the mood this whole series, and then to use it for that fast paced scene.  Horrible choice... like I said, it made it almost comical, not compelling. Not only did it not fit the tone of that scene, it did not fit the tone of the whole series.  Major faux pas on that one.

you guys really liked the jazz over the chase scene? I thought it was awful! Comical even. I may be wrong, but there has not been one other instance of Jazz setting the mood this whole series, and then to use it for that fast paced scene. Horrible choice... like I said, it made it almost comical, not compelling. Not only did it not fit the tone of that scene, it did not fit the tone of the whole series. Major faux pas on that one.

It was not a good scene - probably the worst in the episode (however I did almost spit my drink out laughing when Chibs tripped the sheriff), so whatever music was playing probably wouldn't have served to make it better anyway. The music in Sons of Anarchy is legendarily awful, so the jazz was... well, not so bad considering the alternatives. I don't think that a car chase scene in an action show like this was supposed to be the dramatic high point of the episode.

Also, let's be glad it wasn't Katey Segal and Courtney "I Swear I Didn't Kill My Husband But I Still Can't Act" Love doing a duet of a Hole song.

• 2 weeks later...

With the exception of about 20 minutes, this was a pretty unnecessary episode.  Way too much needless runaround and unnecessary filler.  I was happy this was the last season before, but with these long episodes, I'm extra happy.

I do find it pretty funny that cancer never got Unser.

There is no way this can be true.

He said, "People come up to me and say, 'How do you know it wasn't Gemma?" How WOULD I know?! I was in a trailer smoking weed then Patterson wakes me up. Its only been a week since she's died... So I've only had three days to think about it."

It was during the Anarchy Afterword show

that time line seems way to fast for all that to happen.

also even after all the deaths of major characters last night there is only one in this show i have really been upset about... opie...

Opie was the only one that made me sad. The Gemma kill made me cringe a little.

that time line seems way to fast for all that to happen.  

also even after all the deaths of major characters last night there is only one in this show i have really been upset about... opie...

The time line seems like quite the stretch.  It seems a little silly to even make that claim.  It doesn't really matter if it's 3 days or 3 weeks.  It's not that time sensitive :)

Opie was the only death I cared about.  A season or two ago, Bobbie would have bummed me out too.  Anymore, I just don't care.  I'm so fucking weary of how long the finale is going to be.  My money is on 2 full hours...