PO SOON: Flying Lotus - You're Dead!

• 3 weeks later...

Are you guys keeping up with Flylo's updates?  He seems to be showcasing new art for each song off the album.  You can check it all here – please note that it's pretty graphic, and contains some NSFW material.  I'm kind of fascinated by it, though.  If there's going to be another deluxe this time around, I think I'm on board.

And I guess Kendrick Lamar and Snoop Dog are both confirmed as guests on the album as well.

PO Details are finally out on Bleep; check them out:

The incredible return of Flying Lotus on Warp. You're Dead! sees producer Steven Ellison taking us on a transcendental voyage into the afterlife. A wholly immersive, psychedelic journey, it's a virtuoso performance from one of the decade's most talented and inventive artists. The album features contributions from (in order of appearance) Herbie Hancock, Kendrick Lamar, Captain Murphy, Snoop Dogg, Angel Deradoorian, Thundercat and Niki Randa. Original artwork by Japanese comic book artist Shintaro Kago.

Pre-order Information
We endeavour to ensure pre-orders reach you on the official release date.
The date indicated above is the nearest possible delivery date according to the distributor, and is therefore liable to change at any time in accordance with changes made by the distributor.

Track List

1 Theme 1:24 Flying Lotus
2 Tesla 1:54 Flying Lotus
3 Cold Dead 1:34 Flying Lotus
4 Fkn Dead 0:40 Flying Lotus
5 Never Catch Me (feat. Kendrick Lamar) 3:54 Flying Lotus
6 Dead Man's Tetris (feat. Captain Murphy & Snoop Dogg) 2:25 Flying Lotus
7 Turkey Dog Coma 3:09 Flying Lotus
8 Stirring 0:30 Flying Lotus
9 Coronus, the Terminator 2:40 Flying Lotus
10 Siren Song (feat. Angel Deradoorian) 2:37 Flying Lotus
11 Turtles 2:06 Flying Lotus
12 Ready err Not 1:45 Flying Lotus
13 Eyes Above 1:12 Flying Lotus
14 Moment of Hesitation 2:18 Flying Lotus
15 Descent Into Madness (feat. Thundercat) 1:27 Flying Lotus
16 The Boys Who Died in Their Sleep (feat. Captain Murphy) 1:50 Flying Lotus
17 Obligatory Cadence 2:56 Flying Lotus
18 Your Potential//The Beyond (feat. Niki Randa) 1:45 Flying Lotus
19 The Protest 1:57 Flying Lotus

Digital MP3 / WAV / FLAC
Released: 06.10.14
Vinyl 2×LP +MP3 Pre-order $24.99
Estimated Shipping: 03.10.14

CD+MP3 Pre-order $14.99
Estimated Shipping: 03.10.14

Boxset+MP3 Pre-order $69.99
4 x 180g LP pressing.
Includes You're Dead! Instrumentals.
Printed inner sleeves and outer sleeves
Rigid box and lid
Estimated Shipping: 05.10.14

I can't wait for this thing to come out. Kinda contemplating the boxset since it does have the instrumentals.

Same here. I would reconsider if it came with a 12" x 12" art book, or even a series of 12" x 12@ prints. But shelf space is limited as is, and paying triple the price for 180 gram and two instrumental LPs inside a larger box just isn't for me, personally. Previous "standard" versions of Flylo albums are of great quality; I think I'll gladly settle for that this time around. Probably through Amazon.

Either way, can't wait to hear this thing.

Also just now realizing that only two songs on the entire double LP break 3 minutes. Not going to fault anything until I listen, but that could be jarring if not done correctly.

Same here. I would reconsider if it came with a 12" x 12" art book, or even a series of 12" x 12@ prints. But shelf space is limited as is, and paying triple the price for 180 gram and two instrumental LPs inside a larger box just isn't for me, personally. Previous "standard" versions of Flylo albums are of great quality; I think I'll gladly settle for that this time around. Probably through Amazon.

Either way, can't wait to hear this thing.

Also just now realizing that only two songs on the entire double LP break 3 minutes. Not going to fault anything until I listen, but that could be jarring if not done correctly.

Art book of kago's work would make it a must buy.

Is shipping really $25 to US from Bleep?

Well I think they're overseas, right? One record from overseas is already ridiculous, for a boxset 25 doesn't seem bad. For a boxset.

That said, god damn. Wish I wouldn't have to pay a hundo for another 2xLP and some cool art in a box. I doubt local retailers will have it here in Buffalo, so... this sucks.

• 1 month later...

Lots of places have it up for preorder now, including bull moose: http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16847454/flying-lotus-youre-dead-special-edition-4xlp

Do you know if they charge right away, or not until it ships at least? Want to order but dont have the funds right this second unfortunately...