Technics is Dead.. LONG LIVE TECHNICS!

If you don't intend to buy two of them and a mixer, your $700 is better spent elsewhere.

Like I said, I will be purchasing through my job where I will more than likely be paying cost through employee accomodation program. Otherwise, I would never drop 700 on this. Ive been looking for a technics, but people are trying to get too much for them IMO. And at least with this, I get a warranty. Im going to wait for reviews to come out first of course but Im keeping my eye on it for sure.

Well that depends what you think is worth buying. I want a technics, but cannot find one reasonably priced. We sell them used, but for like $600 and I can only get 15% off on used gear. Most of them are beat to shit too.

Basically, I want a direct drive comparable to a technics 1200. If I can get this for $400 and the reviews are great, I really dont see a problem. If you know of something better, let me know haha. 

I work for Sam Ash, btw. 

Checked out the site, cool store.

Yeah, there aren't really that many choices in that price range if you want a DD, and I can understand why it might be important to someone. Definitely hold off until you read some reliable reviews, the 1200 range was pretty much a lucky-shot kind of product, it's going to be hard to replicate the quality and functionality of that thing, especially by today's manufacturing "standards". Many newer tables go for a similar design, but come nowhere close to the Technics in terms of performance.

Yeah I definitely will research user reviews. Im sure the first batch of reviews will be sponsored/endorsed by pioneer so they will msot likely be all headlined "technics killer" blah blah blah. Im in no rush as I already have a turntable right now. Nothing special but it gets the job done. Ive read that Pioneer may have acquired the technics schematics but thats could just be hype. The only real difference in the specs appear to be the wow and flutter, which is slightly higher on the Pioneer.

What's wrong with DD? Good direct drive is fucking awesome.

Looking at this table it seems to come from the same factory as the LP-120, the wow and flutter spec is not bad but doesn't touch the SL-1200. Made in China so beware and wait for reviews.

This is what Im trying to say. Im going to wait until I read reviews, I dont understand the hostility or whats so wrong with being intrigued by a new turntable. There are people on this very board spending 400 on a glorified Crosley aka the orbit.

This is what Im trying to say. Im going to wait until I read reviews, I dont understand the hostility or whats so wrong with being intrigued by a new turntable. There are people on this very board spending 400 on a glorified Crosley aka the orbit.

Orbit is a joke to me. 

"We're gonna make a $150 TT!" Actual minimum price for most basic crap version $180. Then you have to wait months for it to arrive and people still buy em. With the price of the upgrades you can buy far superior tables with carbon fibre arms etc. Are used Technics hard to come by near you?

Orbit is a joke to me. 

"We're gonna make a $150 TT!" Actual minimum price for most basic crap version $180. Then you have to wait months for it to arrive and people still buy em. With the price of the upgrades you can buy far superior tables with carbon fibre arms etc. Are used Technics hard to come by near you?

Nah man, I live on Long Island so the NYC craigslist always has them. Lowest Ive seen them go for, in mint condition is 400, and its rare that Ive seen that. They are usually sold in pairs (ex-DJ's) who dont want to split them up or want 500 for one. Thats before I even go to check them out and they were heavily abused, and look like they were tossed in a washing machine all chipped up and shit lol. If I can find one in great condition for a good price, I would take it. But seeing this sparked my interest, if its as good, I can get it for about the same price with a warranty since its new.