Sleep - The Clarity - "A thread just for this."

There's a pretty cool interview from back then w/ Matt Pike and Monk John in O'Malley's Descent

I found a pdf of it online if anyone is interesting. The Sleep interview is on pg. 24.

I always thought it was weird that he had interviews w/ Moon Lay Hidden Beneath A Cloud, Blood Axis, Genocide Organ and other ultra right wing artists in the same zine though.

It can be found here if anyone is interested: http://www.ideologic.org/files/DESCENT_V_1999.pdf

There's a pretty cool interview from back then w/ Matt Pike and Monk John in O'Malley's Descent

I found a pdf of it online if anyone is interesting. The Sleep interview is on pg. 24.

I always thought it was weird that he had interviews w/ Moon Lay Hidden Beneath A Cloud, Blood Axis, Genocide Organ and other ultra right wing artists in the same zine though.

It can be found here if anyone is interested: http://www.ideologic.org/files/DESCENT_V_1999.pdf

Wow. That intro/long explanation on the first page is epic.

So that's O'malleys zine

Dopesmoker was called Dopesmoker before it was called Jerusalem. They initially played it live under Dopesmoker and intended to have it called that until they started getting into Middle Eastern culture after touring and released it as Jerusalem finally in 99. Jerusalem is merely the 'edited' version of Dopesmoker being 20 minutes shorter, which was done because the original take, being Dopesmoker, was rejected; Jerusalem was the second 'no thanks' they got from the label but still the first release to come, with the originally intended 73 minute Dopesmoker being released for the first time in 2003. Also, the opening line is 'drop out of life with a bong in hand.' and the lyrics tell the story of the Weedians, I kinda feel Dopesmoker is a pretty fitting name

Technically the epic song titled "Dopesmoker" is only 63 minutes(only? Haha!) and Jerusalem is only 53 so the difference is actually ten minutes.Plus I wasn't there but in the documentary Such Hawks Such Hounds the producer mentions they wouldn't play it live to an audience but would write and rehearse it while on the road behind closed doors for years leading up to the final recordings they did. Just a couple of semi corrections to your post. Otherwise, you pretty much nailed it.

And their address is [email protected]

Was exchanging emails with Andee (who works at AQ), and he referenced that they do have them, and that they might be getting more once they are out but they "might be black" - so not sure how limited the green ones are, or which will end up on SL.

All with a grain of salt of course.

(and they are 16.98 through AQ)