i wait three months for my alex g record and it's combined with bilinda butchers without me getting a shipping refund and it's the second or third pressing rather than my first. emailed warren and he said he'd fix stuff up but nothing has been done yet

same happened to me. I would guess that all the 1st pressings are gone so there's probably nothing that can be done.

Pretty sure I ordered 2 records from them and it was barely cheaper (if cheaper at all) than ordered two records separately. Something like $8 to ship two single LPs media mail. So they may not think a partial refund is necessary when combining orders. All these small labels need to shoot some emails to Topshelf to ask how it's done.

Pretty sure I ordered 2 records from them and it was barely cheaper (if cheaper at all) than ordered two records separately. Something like $8 to ship two single LPs media mail. So they may not think a partial refund is necessary when combining orders. All these small labels need to shoot some emails to Topshelf to ask how it's done.

Still a 2.50 difference. I'll take that.

same happened to me. I would guess that all the 1st pressings are gone so there's probably nothing that can be done.

Well then they better give me a discount code or something special because that's a big deal.

Will probably get some hate for this but that actually costs me money, since if I end up having financial trouble or just want to get rid of my records one day, there will absolutely be a cost difference. That's an issue that shouldn't happen.

Well then they better give me a discount code or something special because that's a big deal.

Will probably get some hate for this but that actually costs me money, since if I end up having financial trouble or just want to get rid of my records one day, there will absolutely be a cost difference. That's an issue that shouldn't happen.

You mean a cost difference between a first press or second press when you re-sell it later? Or a cost difference of $2.50 in shipping that you could use when you plan to re-sell these later? Cause I doubt the label considers what their records can be flipped for in the future when they're providing their customers with an album they ordered. I think it should be more of an issue of getting you the product that you ordered, which would be the first press, but if you're buying with the intention and main concern of it's resell value that's kinda different and not a legit argument in receiving a discount imo. Sorry if I misunderstood you haha.

It is unfortunate that happened but it's clearly an accident. It's essentially a one-man label most of the time and they only started to do records fairly recently. Resell value on variants/pressings has nothing to do with them. Yeah, it's unfair you didn't receive the exact colour you ordered but give it some time, I'm sure Warren will rectify the situation it in some way or another.

Man, warren had all these dsu's and heaven's to send out and now he's got like six hundred tape and vinyl Ontario Gothic's to send out. I wish people would go easy on the guy. Hes doing an amazing job with all he's up against. I mean it may not be the variant you wanted, but at least you still got a copy of what is now a hard to find record. I mean, it may not have identical resale value but it does have identical music.

You mean a cost difference between a first press or second press when you re-sell it later? Or a cost difference of $2.50 in shipping that you could use when you plan to re-sell these later? Cause I doubt the label considers what their records can be flipped for in the future when they're providing their customers with an album they ordered. I think it should be more of an issue of getting you the product that you ordered, which would be the first press, but if you're buying with the intention and main concern of it's resell value that's kinda different and not a legit argument in receiving a discount imo. Sorry if I misunderstood you haha.

Yeah man, I have to agree with him, it sucks you didn't get the pressing you ordered but at least you got the music. If someone really wants the record, they will buy it, regardless of color. (they're already on discogs for $70) The pressing is limited enough as it is that if you do get into the financial trouble you speak of you'll make more enough, selling this and your 5 copies of dig up the dead.

You're gonna get hate because you're asking a lot from a boutique label, they don't have the same resources that larger labels, and with you saying shit like "Well then they better give me a discount code or something special because that's a big deal." it makes you seem entitled. Honestly just be glad you got the record to begin with, there are many people who weren't fortunate enough to get it like you were

I don't mean to come at you or bring you down, but I think you're blowing this out of proportion.

I always wondered who this seller was...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SUPER-RARE-Alex-G-DSU-Doublemint-Green-Deep-Purple-Vinyl-LP-trick-/251666241133?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3a987a166d

Could you take a photo for us? The jury...

Ok I'm not telling OT how to run their label just some thoughts... It'd be really cool if Orchid Tapes allowed JusticeJWilliams (I know he's asked for this several times) to handle west coast distribution. The kids got fire in his eyes when it comes to Orchid Tapes products and hell, his day job deal with physically packaging and shipping items anyways. He's got that down in his back pocket. The fact that the records show up in SF then have to travel to NY would be cut in half if Justice handled half the distro for the west coast and would arrive fasters since he's near the OC. I mean yeah Orchid wouldn't have a complete handle on all their products but I think the operations would be a shit ton smoother. Whatever the case is, Orchid Tapes needs help bad. Between the shipping delays of the actual pressing company, to shipping to SF then shipping to NY then having a field day at home packaging what seems to be millions of records now I think a little help is needed at this point. And hey, that's the sign a business is growing! It's important to not let that bubble pop because customers (new customers at least) seem to be getting extremely fed up. Just trying to provide some insight. I love this label, I love the passion, I love the artists on it, but it needs help and fast. Multiple wrong variants can be disheartening for us with future purchases especially if nothing can be done about it (which I highly doubt) but still it's something to consider. This'll probably be scoffed at, but hey, better to share thoughts than to keep them inside I guess.

Yeah man, I have to agree with him, it sucks you didn't get the pressing you ordered but at least you got the music. If someone really wants the record, they will buy it, regardless of color. (they're already on discogs for $70)

Although I respect the hell out of Orchid Tapes, I was still saying Cwhit should technically get the first press that he ordered. If they truly sold all of the first press records without fulfilling (or setting aside) some of the unshipped first press orders that were being held for another pre-order then that would be kind of whack.

However, at the end of the day, I wouldn't trip out too hard on a variant color. A label has sent me the wrong color and regardless of rarity I happened to like that color more than the one I was supposed to get so there can be a positive. And it is the same music. It just shouldn't be a habit for a label to be selling already sold records, if you will.

But yeah, Orchid Tapes is doing well and their fan base is awesome! Mo' money mo' problems.

Hey guys! Just wanted to come on here and thank all of you for voicing different forms of support, advice or just general tidbits of information that you think could help us to run things a bit smoother around here. As you've probably guessed we've definitely in the 'slightly overwhelmed' zone in terms of orders and balancing time and other jobs and everything else lately, but I'm spending all of my time over the next little while to make sure everything's righted and that things get smoothly on track. We're just finishing getting the last of all the DSU records out and are gonna dive right into the Ontario Gothic records next *and* get back to everyone's emails about order issues or otherwise.

I just wanted to thank everyone for being so patient and understanding regarding everything, I know that it's a lot to ask, but I really do appreciate it. We've been trying our hardest to ensure everything runs like a well-oiled machine, but things have been so wild between the label itself and all the stuff / travel happening for Foxes in Fiction stuff, and yeah we're just really trying our hardest to be the best label that we can and figure out what changes need to happen so that we don't feel like we're all going crazy when things get wild :) So, thanks for everything you've all been doing, none of all this great stuff would be happening without you all.

W