What is this collection worth?

JGM,

Most people here are in their 20s and buy the stuff you would find at Hot Topic.

I don't know much about classic rock and those releases, but I have all the Billy Joel ones which I purchased for around $5 each in near mint condition a few years ago.

70s and 80s records pressed by mainstream labels have pressings into the hundreds of the thousands and are really a dime a dozen. 

You can fine the value of records by searching for them here:

http://www.popsike.com/

JGM,

Most people here are in their 20s and buy the stuff you would find at Hot Topic.

I don't know much about classic rock and those releases, but I have all the Billy Joel ones which I purchased for around $5 each in near mint condition a few years ago.

70s and 80s records pressed by mainstream labels have pressings into the hundreds of the thousands and are really a dime a dozen. 

I'm not that sure about the average age and musical tastes of the board members...

By the way, PopSike does not list records that sold below $20. 

I have been selling used and vintage records like these for about eight months and can say that you could sell a majority of these for a dollar and have zero buyers. A lot of people are buying their favorite albums again, but only people looking for that exact album in good shape are going to pay more than a few bucks a piece.

Condition is huge. Sealed vintage records can sell for $15-$20 easy as long as the name is well-known. Mint records go for a little less. No one wants to buy records that are covered in scratches. You'll have to go through and check both sides of every album because one scratch could make your already inexpensive record completely worthless. Bundling albums by the same artist helps a lot, especially if one of the records is in not so good condition.

Good luck with how you decide to sell these. Ebay works reasonably well as long as you're selling things are that are popular enough. Check completed and sold listings to get an idea of prices. A lot of people think their old records are worth a lot, but in reality they're not worth jack.

JGM,

2 things, 1). I wish I had sold you those Billy Joel records for $5 each because that's taking candy from a baby. 2). Anyone that knows anything about vinyl knows that you don't find common record values on Popsike. Discogs son. Live in the now, and any time you want to buy common vinyl in mint condition for $5 each, please contact me.

i see johnny cash, merle haggards, willie nelsons, queens, random 80's albums and greatest hits, is that a Violent Femmes S/T in the second pic? walt disney's Mousercise?

looks like a typical bin at the second-hand book stores.

as said above, maybe .50 to $1 value each if you sell em all to a store. stay strong and don't let it depress you when they say they can't take any of them.

if you want more, you could sell them yourself online and sell them by artist sets.

of course, to get the best value is to keep them all and listen to them. keep the ones you like and listen to them often.

2cents