PO: re-presses of Electric Wizard - Let Us Prey and We Live!

Here we go! However long after I said I would, here are the pictures:

Record one:

gTe6Nvp.jpg?1

Record two:

CVBXQAb.jpg?2

It's pretty hard to take a good photograph of the colours. you can probably see that record one is way more gold or at least way more gold highlights against the purple. record two is much more of a solid purple but it does have some gold streaks. I actually didn't realise that the records were so different looking until I took them both out of the inners. like I said, it's hard to really get a good photo but record one looks really good - held up to the light you can really see this bright gold sheen. more pics below:

Record one:

oILIfk0.jpg?1

Record two:

zmJbgSi.jpg?1

Awesome. Thanks a lot for the effort ! Was hoping for this to help make my mind up and it did just that.

I was really hoping it to have a lot more gold so I think I'll opt for those clear red w/ black smoke and clear green w/ black smoke variants instead. This one looks interesting but it's still predominately purple, a full-out purple and gold mix would've perhaps been too much.

• 2 weeks later...

So a few weeks ago I told you that I had received a red/black variant of Let us prey when I had ordered a gold/red mix. I wrote to Rise Above asking them if they could do anything about it but they never answered, so I just assumed they didn't care. But yesterday I received said gold/red mix, for free, which is by far the coolest thing they could do!

(As for the pressing, you can barely see the gold streaks, it looks like a standard red LP. In my opinion, both those repress of We Live and Let us Prey are a complete failure, except the more classical variant such as gold, transluscent green, etc...)

• 4 months later...