PO: Street Smart Cyclist - Discography 12"

Listening to Snowing for the first time right now. Pretty good. May have to pick up some of their stuff.

I think I decided recently I'm not really super into Algernon Cadwallader though. I know we weren't really talking about them at all...but I saw them, loved them, bought some of their stuff and now I don't know if I like it all that much. (saw them years ago I should say.)

It's been so long since I listened that I couldn't remember anything about them. Decided to give them a listen and the first word in the first song I put on was "Melissa" and I started laughing.

Really good shit though.

Kiss Kitty is awesome.  Hoods Up has my favorite lyrics though.  It's all great though.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know what Topshelf's customer service is like? Mine got just mangled in the mail.

Like I just said in Small Talk, Topshelf are really good about replacing stuff damaged by the USPS.

I've never had it happen to me but I've heard nothing but good things on here about similar situations. They really are the best label.

Like I just said in Small Talk, Topshelf are really good about replacing stuff damaged by the USPS.

I've never had it happen to me but I've heard nothing but good things on here about similar situations. They really are the best label.

Oh word! Didn't see your post in small talk because I'm impatient and came to post here! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey fellas. As you know, my tan SSC came warped to shit, but Topshelf were kind enough to send me a replacement. While I was waiting, I stuck it under a bunch of heavy books and left if for about 2 weeks. It actually flattened out really well, enough so that if I'd known if would flatten this well I wouldn't have even requested the replacement. :/

So...if anyone wants to trade for the replacement they sent me, I'd be down. Lemme knowwww.

So what you're saying is, instead of trading off a record to someone who missed out on the tan, because I took the time to try to flatten out an unplayable record (obviously they agreed , as they made me send them a photo of it) I should either send them a second payment for the USPS's fuck up that I somehow managed to fix, or else I should have just thrown out the warped record to begin with so I wouldn't benefit off of a fluke happening?

I usually agree with you on things, Dan, but not this time.

As I said, if I'd thought this would flatten out, I never would have asked for a replacement in the first place, but I'm not going to send this back to them, essentially making my record cost an extra $3-5, and I'm certainly not going to pay twice for a record that I only wanted one playable copy of to begin with.

They get my continued support and patronage for being a solid company, and they get my word of mouth as to them being great folks to deal with. I've talked them up to numerous people because they did something they didn't have to do. That's what good customer service is, and I'm sure they don't expect me to send it back to them just because after two weeks I finally managed to make the other copy playable.

So, in conclusion, I don't think it's "fucked" for me to trade this off to someone.