PO NOW: TWIABP - Between Bodies

I was mostly referring to the kid wanting to cancel his order.

If you click on that kids profile, the first thing that comes up are the music pages he's liked:

Incubus

The used

Modest mouse

Underoath

I don't think this band would consider it a huge loss if that guy cancelled his order.

Not had a chance to listen as I'm at work, but upon receiving the digital download email I noticed my order state says shipped. Anyone else see that too?

My order says that too. I'm gonna assume it's just a bug with the system that has occurred because the digital downloads have been sent out.

edit: the download is missing $100 Tip...

As much as i want to like this on first listen, that AP review is pretty much on point. The spoken word poetry does not help this album. And it's not the actual artform itself, but the elementary thoughts expressed about life, death, etc. throughout the songs. I'll hold off until I get the LP for a second listen.

I'm not understanding the hate towards the spoken word guy. If he's a tool, fine. But I'm sure there are a lot of people in bands we wouldn't like as people but we enjoy as musicians.

Also, I can guarantee if these words were sung as lyrics, most of you haters would be all over how great and clever you thought they were.

If you don't like it, cool, that's totally okay. But there's no need to pollute a PO thread with how shitty you think it is.

Haha I just saw what alt press said:

"his goofy delivery and cadence deeply and immediately incite all sorts of negative feelings in the listener: namely irritability and exhaustion, ruining whatever beautiful moment the band's developing below him. It's a pity, too, because Between Bodies seems to contain some of the band's best material to date"

I usually never read reviews, but was genuinely curious. I feel like reviews are fucking pointless cause all they ever do are use big words and elaborate similes to try to make it seem like they understand every bit of what the artist is putting forth. They tend to be redundant and don't really have any important info to offer. Either you like it or don't, honestly I couldn't give a shit.

BWM fixed the download issue, I'm giving this a listen through now.

Sometimes the spoken word is effective. Some of it just sounds good. Sometimes he says some pretty odd and forced stuff. Musically, this is TWIABP's most solid release. I don't think the spoken word adds much as it could, however it demonstrates TWIABP's sense of creativity and musicianship. It also doesn't seem as different as I expected it to be.