Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

can we just cheese everything? I don't really care to play it legit. oracles and Templar for sure. atheon and gatekeeper we can beat legit. meh.

absolutely. only 2 issues with cheesing oracles: we gotta make sure more than just you has icebreaker.  I don't. I also don't know the exact spot that the guy on the ground hides in so he can shoot the hidden oracle during the cheese.

Other than that, cheese all the way. gatekeeper is a two minute fight on Normal and Atheon is 2-3 rounds max. No worries there.

Between you and Derek we should be good to cheese, and I'm happy to relic it.

absolutely. only 2 issues with cheesing oracles: we gotta make sure more than just you has icebreaker.  I don't. I also don't know the exact spot that the guy on the ground hides in so he can shoot the hidden oracle during the cheese.

Other than that, cheese all the way. gatekeeper is a two minute fight on Normal and Atheon is 2-3 rounds max. No worries there.

Between you and Derek we should be good to cheese, and I'm happy to relic it.

I think Derek has the icebreaker but I may be wrong.

I still have zero relic experience. but I've got maxed weapons that do bonus damage to oracles so i'll be team oracle all the way.

this really should be a cakewalk on normal.

Yep.  The only thing that most Atheon teams haven't caught on to yet is the number system.

Top 4 players who feel most confident with the relic need to have numbers 1-4. As soon as you are teleported you shout your number if you have one.  Lowest number grabs the relic. Easy god damn peasy.

I'm happy to be #1. I like the relic. I'll step down if we have more people who like relic duty though, because my gunslinger ability is 1-hit kill on oracles and can also take down the minotaur without the relic wielder risking it.

It's also helpful for me to not hold the relic during time's vengeance because while my super does shit damage to atheon, it destroys the supplicants. I can keep the room clear while everyone else damages Atheon.

Most of this won't matter in normal mode, but whatevs.

Batman:

If you do hard first you get both the normal and the hard drop. So, yes it negates the normal drop, but it's negated because you already got it on hard.

Plus, we will still get Gatekeeper and Atheon rewards for doing normal. 

but my question is, aren't both drops on hard (double since you didn't do normal first) taken from the hard loot table? so less chance of getting stuff you could get on normal, because now it's tossed in w/ stuff you can only get on hard.

other thing too is wouldn't we have to play normal all the way through anyway?

If it makes you feel better we can play that section on normal first lol. Since you want your stupid ass boooooots!

Truth is I don't know if anyone knows the actual drop table. Could be 1 chance for normal 1 chance for hard if you run hard first. Or it could be 2 chances from hard. 

I'm not a mind reader!

If it makes you feel better we can play that section on normal first lol. Since you want your stupid ass boooooots!

Truth is I don't know if anyone knows the actual drop table. Could be 1 chance for normal 1 chance for hard if you run hard first. Or it could be 2 chances from hard. 

I'm not a mind reader!

the drops are listed on this page if you're interested: http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_of_Glass

i'd prefer to run it normal before hard, but it's up to ya'll. i'm probably just sharding all the way through anyway haha.

edit: here's the thread I read previously. looks like its recommended to do normal first if you're missing gear. someone said they ran it on hard first and got 2 helms. needed other shit. http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2ks420/sga_if_you_can_do_hard_mode_vog_first_and_skip/

edit2: several people say you get 2 hard rolls. I'm definitely passing on hard until I run normal.

On hard you get TWO hard drops per drop if you do NOT do the normal mode first. If you want Fatebringer you'll get twice the odds if you do it first on hard.

With the checkpoint we can easily get two double drops, the spirit bloom chest, a double drop at the next chest and the the gorgon chest. You'll have to wait for me to get home tonight though.

What you're hoping for on this checkpoint is Fatebringer and the Praetorian Foil. We can do it on as many level 27+ characters as you need.

On hard you get TWO hard drops per drop if you do NOT do the normal mode first. If you want Fatebringer you'll get twice the odds if you do it first on hard.

With the checkpoint we can easily get two double drops, the spirit bloom chest, a double drop at the next chest and the the gorgon chest. You'll have to wait for me to get home tonight though.

What you're hoping for on this checkpoint is Fatebringer and the Praetorian Foil. We can do it on as many level 27+ characters as you need.

When are you down to do this, Shlebs?  Every time I see you on you're doing a Raid with 6 and I don't want to intervene or pester you.

When are you down to do this, Shlebs? Every time I see you on you're doing a Raid with 6 and I don't want to intervene or pester you.

Either really late tonight or anytime tomorrow.

Got the titan legs today so all I need is the arms or the chest and exotic arms for another level 30. The hard oracle checkpoint really is the best for getting armor drops.