Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

Eh, this kind of works out ok for me.  I still check into Destiny a couple times a week, but I went from having a really solid rotation of people to play with to only having about 3.  So I haven't done anything that requires more than 4 people for a few months.  Having the new end game gear be unlockable via PVP works pretty well for that.  And on top of that I only paid $5 for the game and the first two expansions so I've for sure gotten my moneys worth. 

Don't get me wrong though, I still feel like it's kind of crazy they dropped the raid from this one.  Hopefully they plan on releasing "Comet" or whatever comes next for free to make up for this/win people back over before they try and sell us more stuff.

bahaha 100% awesome. CLASSIC.

Someone should look up marketing materials for the original expansion - were we promised two raids? How can a few "missions" and a 3 players crucible mode make up an entire update? lololol that is hilarious.

Tr-Tr-Tr-Triple post.

But, I did what I suggested:

ly0c3gzgxxp8ht86nkaf.png

bahaha 100% awesome. CLASSIC.

Someone should look up marketing materials for the original expansion - were we promised two raids? How can a few "missions" and a 3 players crucible mode make up an entire update? lololol that is hilarious.

The 3 player mode is rumored to be a type of horde mode which will have end game loot. So it's kind of the raid this time around (but obviously not really). It's definitley sketch that they did advertise a raid and aren't delivering though.

Hey who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Just saying though, I can't believe they would announce this without telling us EVERYTHING. They MUST understand the negative backlash they are getting right now, right? And yet they say things like "More information coming soon, regarding raids in the future"... If they made the decision to cut out the raid, then there must have been a REASON. I just hate being treated like a child by a company who knows they aren't selling to children. It's 2015 for god's sake and video game creators need to stop acting like I'm a ten year old asking my mommy to buy me something.

Video game consumers should be treated like adults, and adults deserve to know why they aren't getting what they thought they paid for, and, in turn, what they ARE actually getting.

I realize I sound "mad" but I'm not, especially. I just think the way Bungie has handled a lot of things so far has been really messed up. I wouldn't even care if they just did a better job of explaining themselves. It's more like they drop a bombshell, watch the awful reaction spread, and then try to make up for it, unsuccessfully. 

Yeah man, it is pretty fucking weird they way the keep jamming their foot in their mouth. I'm not super-bummed that there isn't a raid because after the first dozen or so runs people end up cheesing or checkpointing for a shot at the loot. I'd play the heck out of a new raid but it isn't a must-have for me either. I could potentially see an arena event as more enjoyable over the long haul.

I assume the Raid was cut because the completion rates aren't where they want them to be across the population (I believe they said only around 20% of players had completed a raid at one point) and a three player arena event would have a broader appeal for the majority of the population. But, why not just say that?

Especially if you already announced that potential content. On the upside, I do love a good meltdown. "Gamers" are one of the worst online communities, I could watch the rage all day.

Haha that's true. A lot of people way more fired up than me.

As awesome as gaming is these days, I can't help but be really annoyed by so many of the tactics. I mean, in-game purchases, on-disc DLC and the like. But this kind of stuff is 100% avoidable with like... any half-capable PR team. I doubt anyone is really HEARTBROKEN about no raid. But don't tell me that something I paid ~$18 for is not including the biggest part of it and then NOT tell me what IS included. :P

Yeah man, it is pretty fucking weird they way the keep jamming their foot in their mouth. I'm not super-bummed that there isn't a raid because after the first dozen or so runs people end up cheesing or checkpointing for a shot at the loot. I'd play the heck out of a new raid but it isn't a must-have for me either. I could potentially see an arena event as more enjoyable over the long haul.

I assume the Raid was cut because the completion rates aren't where they want them to be across the population (I believe they said only around 20% of players had completed a raid at one point) and a three player arena event would have a broader appeal for the majority of the population. But, why not just say that?

Especially if you already announced that potential content. On the upside, I do love a good meltdown. "Gamers" are one of the worst online communities, I could watch the rage all day.

Put in matchmaking and that percentage would skyrocket...not that anyone has been asking for it since the game came out or anything.

Sometimes you just can't get on when your group is playing, and organizing a group through other means is just a pain in the ass.

Yeah maybe. I can understand why they would want groups who know each other in a cooperative environment. It can be a roll of the dice with PUGs even when everyone knows the mechanics. Trying to put a group on unknowns through a raid for the first few times has to potential to create a really negative experience. That said, I'm not sure why the wouldn't provide the option and let the user make that choice for themselves.

I think the statistic for how many people have even equipped an exotic is pretty low, so maybe people just aren't grinding the way they expected? I'm sure they made this decision based on a lot of data we aren't privy to so I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt in terms of creating content that benefits the majority of the player base. I'm not an "average" player so I'm trying not to be too myopic here.

Which isn't to say I agree with their decisions, or how the handle communication. I agree with Rooks, I think a more transparent approach would have less backlash. But they're not tone-deaf and I don't imagine ANY of the backlash comes as a surprise. They knew this was coming, but they thought it was still the best course of action. All I can do is wait and see!

As much of a bummer as it is, I think I'm probably done with Festiny. I got it used for $35, which I can probably still get back out of it to put toward Batman, and it doesn't even have the "gotta catch 'em all" appeal of Pokemon or anything like that in regards to exotics for me any more because it's so random as to what you get.

As much of a bummer as it is, I think I'm probably done with Festiny. I got it used for $35, which I can probably still get back out of it to put toward Batman, and it doesn't even have the "gotta catch 'em all" appeal of Pokemon or anything like that in regards to exotics for me any more because it's so random as to what you get.

Yah, I already paid for the DLC and i don't think there is much resell value. So I'll hang onto it. But the DLC is gonna have to actually be worth the 18 bucks I paid to pry me away from Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2, MKX, Batman, and Witcher 3.  They should he released this shit when there wasn't so much competition and it could have sucked as bad as Dark Below and I still would have played it.

Yah, I already paid for the DLC and i don't think there is much resell value. So I'll hang onto it. But the DLC is gonna have to actually be worth the 18 bucks I paid to pry me away from Bloodborne, Dark Souls 2, MKX, Batman, and Witcher 3. They should he released this shit when there wasn't so much competition and it could have sucked as bad as Dark Below and I still would have played it.

True. I do wish I'd just bought a digital version. Honestly a big part of my not playing it at all since Bb came out is that I can't be bothered to get up and change discs. ::sigh::