Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

Yeah, man. I'm happy for you matt, that's a great drop.

But god damn if it doesn't sting... Batman and I have spent 3-infinity hours a day on this goddamn game since the Alpha and we've yet to get that damn thing. Guess that's why they call it the Jellyhorn. Cause I'm jelly.

Hahahahah oh man. I'm sorry, guys. I really am.

I was running the nightfall with 2 guys that I was running Crota with last week and their reaction was pretty much "MOTHER FUCKER".

I ran the raid afterwards, but we couldn't get the part before Crota down. It was almost 4AM so I don't blame anyone. Haha. But I did manage to get raid gloves. So I'm happy with one piece for now. I'm sure I'll finish it this week at some point. Maybe get another piece. I'm digging the style of all the warlock raid gear; very Nazgul feeling.

Hopefully we can run together soon. (I was still the only person, again, who made it across the bridge. Haha. I honestly think it's my max Vex that keeps me going.)

Also got another Patience, so basically a free exotic shard.

Good some raid boots last night and The Red Death. 

I've been coming around to pulse rifles lately, I might give it ago on a mid-range crucible map. 

I'm upgradeing a Red Death right now too! I actually like it quite a bit. Wish it was over 300 damage...but whatever.

If I go invisible I can get right next to crota before he goes down to get the most swings in. Hop down, get invisible again and get right back up when he goes down again. We just need a little more fire power to get him down the second time.

Hey - going invisible is hard unless you get the timing REALLY right. There's a rock to the left of his platform I hope you're using to jump from.  If you can have one of the shooters call out 50% (here you should be just about at the rock) you say "rock" when you reach it shooter says 25%, you jump up to the main platform, say "up" when the shield is down to just over a sliver shooter should say "go, go, go" our sword bearer (usually shelby) gets there as Crota winds up to destroy him and instead crouches down.

If you NEED to go invisible for the second hit (you shouldn't need to again, if you have someone sniping the knights, and you ahve the shooters and yourself being vocal about where you are on the map versus shield) it's much better to have the shadowjack perk on and when crota stands up, hit triangle to drop the shield, melee Crota, activating your invisibility, and pick the sword back up. THen you are right next to him when the time comes.

And this may be common knowledge but when you first kill the swordbearer all shooter should "pepper" crota with bullets. We get him down to right above 50% before shelby gets to the rock and then get our timing down from there. As soon as we get him down the first time the shooter speaker will say "heavies and secondaries out" all Gjallars and Hunger of Crotas go rockets and all IceBreakers go Icebreaker. He goes back down again in 3-5 seconds.

Edit: if you have other questions feel free to ask, I've watched every video and read every strat about this fight and done it about 12 times now to completion.  Also, make sure you are doing the RB, RB, RT combo. MAYBE an extra RT if there is time. Don't believe the hype of other combos. Not worth it.

Double edit: just to clarify, the reason going invisibility requires perfect timing is because you lose a LOT of time getting on the rock, kneeling for 5 seconds to get invisibility, then going up the platform.  If you can focus on timing and trust your shooter-speaker on percentages, you don't need to worry about Crota hitting you. And if your sniper is doing their job, you won't need to worry about knights either.

I've got it easy with Shelby on the sword, Batman sniping, and me calling out percentages/instructing the shooters.  We can mix and match with any 3 randos and have no issues as long as they take instructions. 

Hey - going invisible is hard unless you get the timing REALLY right. There's a rock to the left of his platform I hope you're using to jump from.  If you can have one of the shooters call out 50% (here you should be just about at the rock) you say "rock" when you reach it shooter says 25%, you jump up to the main platform, say "up" when the shield is down to just over a sliver shooter should say "go, go, go" our sword bearer (usually shelby) gets there as Crota winds up to destroy him and instead crouches down.

If you NEED to go invisible for the second hit (you shouldn't need to again, if you have someone sniping the knights, and you ahve the shooters and yourself being vocal about where you are on the map versus shield) it's much better to have the shadowjack perk on and when crota stands up, hit triangle to drop the shield, melee Crota, activating your invisibility, and pick the sword back up. THen you are right next to him when the time comes.

And this may be common knowledge but when you first kill the swordbearer all shooter should "pepper" crota with bullets. We get him down to right above 50% before shelby gets to the rock and then get our timing down from there. As soon as we get him down the first time the shooter speaker will say "heavies and secondaries out" all Gjallars and Hunger of Crotas go rockets and all IceBreakers go Icebreaker. He goes back down again in 3-5 seconds.

Edit: if you have other questions feel free to ask, I've watched every video and read every strat about this fight and done it about 12 times now to completion.  Also, make sure you are doing the RB, RB, RT combo. MAYBE an extra RT if there is time. Don't believe the hype of other combos. Not worth it.

Thanks for the advice. Last night was my first time being sword carrier. We were doing pretty much exactly what you said, the problem we were hitting is when crotas was almost down I would hop up but he would kill me before they got the rest of the shield down. It'll just take a little more practice.

Thanks for the advice. Last night was my first time being sword carrier. We were doing pretty much exactly what you said, the problem we were hitting is when crotas was almost down I would hop up but he would kill me before they got the rest of the shield down. It'll just take a little more practice.

Yep, for sure, it's 90% practice and timing. Even we get unlucky sometimes.

But, if your shooters know how fast the shield goes versus how fast they are shooting. It's like second nature for us now to go from 100->50% shield in about 8-10 seconds and go from 50->0 in about 4. Max time with the sword, and max hits in if the percentages are called out fast enough.

If you feel more comfortable with invisibility, by all means go for it. but, we've never used it and have had no issues. The one time we had a guy trying to go invisible he missed half the kneel-time on the first round and lost the sword before he got to Crota on the second round. So, I'm partial to focusing on timing :P

Yep, for sure, it's 90% practice and timing. Even we get unlucky sometimes.

But, if your shooters know how fast the shield goes versus how fast they are shooting. It's like second nature for us now to go from 100->50% shield in about 8-10 seconds and go from 50->0 in about 4. Max time with the sword, and max hits in if the percentages are called out fast enough.

If you feel more comfortable with invisibility, by all means go for it. but, we've never used it and have had no issues. The one time we had a guy trying to go invisible he missed half the kneel-time on the first round and lost the sword before he got to Crota on the second round. So, I'm partial to focusing on timing :P

on the video I watched the guy hit blade dancer before picking up the sword and went invisible using that then you could do blink strike for second go. http://youtu.be/kyD8OSk7qag

Haha oh okay good :P

If it works for you, it works!  If you still have trouble though, I'd just suggest not getting hung up about the invisiblity. Because we've had warlocks and titans do the sword too. If you focus on timing and get it down it can take 5-10 runs to feel comfortable but then you'll be knocking him down like nothing.

I wish everyone was as understanding as you, Rooks.

I was running the raid earlier, for only the second time, so I don't really know the timing of events per say. So right before the bridge, everyone but me dies, and a dude in the group says "RUN" and I say "where?" cause I didn't know if he meant away from the mobs to revive or what. So he was giving me shit for the next 10 minutes about it. Yet I was the only one who survived. Hmm....

Haha.

Everyone has to learn the raid. Some people are so uptight. Haha.

PUGs are a pox on everything. So many shitehawks (I really wanted to type this word) play games and they can all go fuck off.

If it wasn't for the people that play from this forum and their extended friend network, I would have quit this game in the first two weeks it was out.

We collectively have maybe had 3 or 4 GOOD experiences with PUGs throughout all our time on Destiny. And the guys we really liked we added and still play with every week. But, god damn the insurmountable flood of god awful people in the raids and nightfalls and weeklies and crucible who know everything sooooo much better than you could ever possibly understand nub. They are the worst.

PUGs are a pox on everything. So many shitehawks (I really wanted to type this word) play games and they can all go fuck off.

If it wasn't for the people that play from this forum and their extended friend network, I would have quit this game in the first two weeks it was out.

We collectively have maybe had 3 or 4 GOOD experiences with PUGs throughout all our time on Destiny. And the guys we really liked we added and still play with every week. But, god damn the insurmountable flood of god awful people in the raids and nightfalls and weeklies and crucible who know everything sooooo much better than you could ever possibly understand nub. They are the worst.

I completely agree with you. It's astounding how shitty some people can people about running a NF/weekly/raid. I mean come on, it's just a game. Give the new people a run down, have some fun while teaching people, pass it on. I mean fuck, it's not like some sort of commitment. It's just a run through. And it's not even constant, maybe 3 or 4 quick breakdowns of how it works; everyone knows the mechanics at 30+ obviously. Sheesh.

I've learned a lot from this thread and you guys running me through and everything and just build from there, and for that I've appreciative. This game is complete shit when you play with assholes.