Let's Discuss & Recommend Music

dapeebs

I thought this would be an interesting thread to start. Instead of having to start different discussions for music recommendations, we could just have a quick, centralized place to help each other out with some new tunes. Because new music is the best. So instead of having to search the web for hours to hopefully find something good, let's help each other out! 

So to start off, I have really been digging post hardcore/indie bands that have a tinge of progressiveness to them. Bands like Closure in Moscow, I the Mighty, The Dear Hunter... Any suggestions?

Given End of a Year/Self Defense Family so many chances and I can't get into any of it

Is anybody NOT already listening to The Weakerthans?

I recommend everybody at least check into the following:

Cory Branan

Pile

Beulah

The Pine Hill Haints

Pylon

The Snake The Cross The Crown

Ume

Shores

Dexateens

Swearin

Wray

Diarrhea Planet

Waxahatchee

These are all over the place genre wise and I'm not going to break any of these down....they're all wonderful

Given End of a Year/Self Defense Family so many chances and I can't get into any of it

Is anybody NOT already listening to The Weakerthans?

I recommend everybody at least check into the following:

Cory Branan

Pile

Beulah

The Pine Hill Haints

Pylon

The Snake The Cross The Crown

Ume

Shores

Dexateens

Swearin

Wray

Diarrhea Planet

Waxahatchee

These are all over the place genre wise and I'm not going to break any of these down....they're all wonderful

Ume!

Whilst we are doing this, I'm currently looking for acoustic esque music. On a Death Cab, Bright eyes and City and colour binge at the moment so need similar stuff.

take a look at Jimmy eat world's Futures album. It has upbeat radio type songs, but some of the slower ones are very, very well done.

Edit: Oh, looks like this is my 1000 post. Damn.

take a look at Jimmy eat world's Futures album. It has upbeat radio type songs, but some of the slower ones are very, very well done.

Edit: Oh, looks like this is my 1000 post. Damn.

Unpopular opinion on these boards I know, but I used to like Jimmy eat world until I saw them live a few times. They were just so lackluster and felt like they were just going through the motions.

Kind of ruined listening to them on record from that point.

Cheers anyways!

Will add it to my driving home playlist!

Best album to start with?

He only has one full length "Ledges" which I'm obsessed with. But his EP "Family" is pretty awesome too. He is acoustic, but a little folk to it. Hopefully you'll dig.

Otherwise, if somehow you haven't heardof them. Alexi Murdoch and James Vincent McMorrow

Edit: typo

He only has one full length "Ledges" which I'm obsessed with. But his EP "Family" is pretty awesome too. He is acoustic, but a little folk to it. Hopefully you'll dig.

Otherwise, if somehow you haven't heardof them. Alexi Murdoch and James Vincent McMorrow

Edit: typo

Love Alexi Murdoch, it's on my list of next record to buy after payday.

Never heard of the James guy though, will add him to the driving home playlist too.

Thank you muchly!

Love Alexi Murdoch, it's on my list of next record to buy after payday.

Never heard of the James guy though, will add him to the driving home playlist too.

Thank you muchly!

Shweet! Let me know what you think! I probably have more recommendations for you but I'll hold back and wait to hear what you think of those.

Unpopular opinion on these boards I know, but I used to like Jimmy eat world until I saw them live a few times. They were just so lackluster and felt like they were just going through the motions.

Kind of ruined listening to them on record from that point.

Cheers anyways!

Holy shit!

If you get a chance to see them again in a non-festival setting (which I know is hard lately since they only seem to do fests in UK/EU), please do it.

Holy shit!

If you get a chance to see them again in a non-festival setting (which I know is hard lately since they only seem to do fests in UK/EU), please do it.

I'll try my best.

Everything about them I should like, it's my exact type of music. But I don't know, they have just been ruined for me :(