Let's Discuss & Recommend Music

dapeebs

Can/tago mago

Frank Zappa/hot rats

I need more records like these

Miles Davis - On The Corner

I've been listening to Grinderman. Blues rock with fucking bite. I've been curious about Nick Cave for a while and found this little gem that he put out apart from his work with the Bad Seeds. "No Pussy Blues" is a bitchin track.

If you liked Grinderman, start with Dig Lazarus Dig for Cave's stuff with the Bad Seeds

I thought this would be an interesting thread to start. Instead of having to start different discussions for music recommendations, we could just have a quick, centralized place to help each other out with some new tunes. Because new music is the best. So instead of having to search the web for hours to hopefully find something good, let's help each other out!

So to start off, I have really been digging post hardcore/indie bands that have a tinge of progressiveness to them. Bands like Closure in Moscow, I the Mighty, The Dear Hunter... Any suggestions?

As my avatar suggests, I maintain that the Felix Culpa's Sever Your Roots is the best example if this I've found.

For those who like straight up modern folk, if you don't have Miles From the Lightning by Jeffery Foucault, you're doing it wrong.

Jamie Cullum - Jazz/Pop/Crossover. Should be well-known, but I'll mention him anyway because he's the shit.

John Craigie - Folk. Discovered him through his Doors/LedZep covers. His originals are pretty good, too.

Vic Mensa - Hip Hop. If you've heard of Chance the Rapper, you're probably familiar with Mensa. Down on My Luck was my song of the year.

Woods - Freak Folk/Psychedelic. Get some Grateful Dead vibes sometimes, but they definitely have their own sound.

Yuna - Indie Pop. Only really know her Nirvana cover; that reminds me, I gotta dig deeper, too.

for something a little crazy: cadaver dogs

for something a little hard but still a little chill: our lady

for something fun and a little jazzy: image society

three of my favorite "under the radar" bands/albums lately.

i apologize for the shitty/unhelpful descriptions.