MONDO 2001: A Space Odyssey ( The Lost Score by Alex North )

Guest deleted

2001: A Space Odyssey ( Lost Score by Alex North ) - November release

Mondo is releasing the lost score for 2001: A Space Odyssey on vinyl for the first time ever!

Stanley Kubrick’s seminal masterpiece 2001: A Space Odyssey is known for its classical musical cues as much as for its vivid imagery. What few people know is that those cues that are forever associated with the film were a last minute revision on the part of Kubrick. An original score exists, composed for the film by the late composer Alex North (A Streetcar Named DesireSpartacus) that was abandoned during post-production. North did not know his score was discarded until he saw the film’s premiere screening.

Working with North’s estate, Mondo will release “Music for 2001: A Space Odyssey” in a deluxe package, complete with liner notes by Jon Burlingame. 

Jay Shaw designed the package that includes a glossy, Monolithic black aesthetic on the inside tip-on gatefold and a holographic foil interior gatefold, housed in a custom clear plastic slipcase.  The record will be pressed on 180 gram black vinyl and there will be randomly inserted "Beyone The Infinite" vinyl editions.

mondo-2001vinyl4-full.jpg

www.mondotees.com

... randomly inserted? come ON

but I'm definitely intruiged on the musical front. 2001 is my favorite movie and the soundtrack as it ended up in the film (specifically the Ligeti pieces) is great IMO. I'm curious what a more custom-tailored composition would sound like. (I guess I could just go find one of the already-existing releases of the North soundtrack.)

but yeah, if I buy this, I want that Beyond the Infinite disc. that's one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

... randomly inserted? come ON

but I'm definitely intruiged on the musical front. 2001 is my favorite movie and the soundtrack as it ended up in the film (specifically the Ligeti pieces) is great IMO. I'm curious what a more custom-tailored composition would sound like. (I guess I could just go find one of the already-existing releases of the North soundtrack.)

but yeah, if I buy this, I want that Beyond the Infinite disc. that's one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Mondo = randomly inserted

Will be getting this for sure though