PO: Minecraft OST! (UK soon)

Just received my lenticular green copy. Huge seam splits on the top and side of the sleeve :( I've contacted ghostly about a replacement, I'll post again if they respond.

The lenticular cover itself is awesome, very happy with the look of the wax itself too. It's beautiful. However I do have some micro abrasions on mine likely from the cheap paper inner sleeve it arrived in. There were also some pops and cracks on my first spin of side A - although this could be because I haven't ran it through a carbon fiber brush yet. Paper debris.

The sound is awesome, though. If anyone needs me to post some pictures I wouldn't mind.

Did anyone's copy come with an autographed postcard? Apparently someone on Discogs got one. 

edit: yup, some did I guess: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINECRAFT-VOLUME-ALPHA-C418-LTD-EDT-GREEN-LP-VINYL-RECORD-SIGNED-POSTCARD-/161801549781?hash=item25ac1fb7d5

check your boxes!

Did anyone's copy come with an autographed postcard? Apparently someone on Discogs got one. 

edit: yup, some did I guess: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINECRAFT-VOLUME-ALPHA-C418-LTD-EDT-GREEN-LP-VINYL-RECORD-SIGNED-POSTCARD-/161801549781?hash=item25ac1fb7d5

check your boxes!

That's really cool!

check your boxes!

Mine did (I'm not that seller BTW). Seems Bleep copies came with it.

• 1 month later...

I preordered the green version from Amazon back in June. Kind of forgot for a while but I never got it and know it was in stock at one point. Three customer service calls later they basically told me tough luck it's out of stock and just will refund me. I see third party sellers have them but the price is way different now. Anyone here ever get Amazon to cave and fill your preorder with a third party?  On another note, anyone know of where I can still get a green version?

I preordered the green version from Amazon back in June. Kind of forgot for a while but I never got it and know it was in stock at one point. Three customer service calls later they basically told me tough luck it's out of stock and just will refund me. I see third party sellers have them but the price is way different now. Anyone here ever get Amazon to cave and fill your preorder with a third party?  On another note, anyone know of where I can still get a green version?

Are you looking for the green with lenticular cover? I've got one up for sale on discogs for sticker price if that's what you're looking for.

Yeah discogs is your friend here! There's also the non-lenticular green up for around £15/€20 if that helps.

I don't think Amazon technically have to do more than refund you, and to be honest I don't even think they have to do that due to the length of time between them sending the order and you contacting them.

Glad you're at least getting a refund though! :)

Long reply I received for simply asking "any update on shipping?":

Sorry that the e-mail was unclear but, as stated in it, we did not receive any 3D lenticular jacketed-LPs with our initial order — I also stated below that the first half of our order arrived back on August 20th, your order which was placed in August, over a month and a half after we listed it for pre-order, was a part of the second half of the orders placed, all of which are holding until we receive additional stock from Ghostly’s distributor. I totally understand your being frustrated with the long wait on this but, per them, it’s still up in the air whether they will be providing us with 3D lenticular jackets, which leads me to believe (along with the fact that they won’t give us a solid ETA) that they’re backed up at least a month or two on the production of these.

Again, I really am sorry for the extended delay on this — we try to avoid these sorts of issues as much as often but when we don’t press a record, it’s in the hands of the distributor, which, when it’s a large, multi-national conglomerate (in this case, Warner/Atlantic/Elektra…), we and our customers are left at the mercy of their rather dysfunctional systems.

Let me know what you’d like to do with your order, or if you have any additional questions on this.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...