PO Soon: The Music of Grand Theft Auto V Vinyl Boxset

Ordering today in case this sells out soon with all the hype it's getting. This is a great collectible and most of the music is decent to awesome to badass. I'd love to see older GTA soundtracks Vice City and San Andreas pressed because they have so many more great rock and country songs.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Grand-Theft-Auto-Vice-City-Official-Soundtrack-Box-Set/release/5347109

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Grand-Theft-Auto-San-Andreas-Official-Soundtrack-Box-Set/release/480570

From the forum it says:

"It is an all Zelda themed record, on transparent gold colored vinyl, and is pretty much double the length of the previous release at 42 minutes long.

Side A is the complete soundtrack to the original The Legend of Zelda, along with 7 tracks from A Link to the Past (they are essentially my personal favorite tracks from that game but I tried to be democratic and pick ones that everyone kind of universally loves).

Side B is the complete soundtrack to the Zelda II, along with 10 tracks from Ocarina of Time (it includes every Ocarina song in the game since they are so short along with the complete uncut 5:16 overworld theme and some other cool stuff)"

I want this more than any record now.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

Do we expect this to hang around for a while?

With less than 5,000 available, I would expect it to hang around for a few months. That's a lot of units and even though $75 is pretty inexpensive for this, I don't think every GTAV player will be interested (myself included).

With less than 5,000 available, I would expect it to hang around for a few months. That's a lot of units and even though $75 is pretty inexpensive for this, I don't think every GTAV player will be interested (myself included).

Game collectors can go pretty hard. Just look at all the special editions of lots of games that come out these days... This game included haha. This set appeals to a lot of people. I also think that 5000 number is divvied up across the Cd and vinyl sets, not 5000 of each, so I'm interested in seeing how well this does and how sought after it becomes

If it's under 5,000 total I wonder how many are vinyl. 1,000, 2,500?

Exactly.

Game collectors can go pretty hard. Just look at all the special editions of lots of games that come out these days... This game included haha. This set appeals to a lot of people. I also think that 5000 number is divvied up across the Cd and vinyl sets, not 5000 of each, so I'm interested in seeing how well this does and how sought after it becomes

You could be right about that. I never think about CDs being numbered due to how cheap and easy they are to produce (except for in smaller cases with indie bands and such, then numbered CDs makes sense). The article on the Rockstar website certainly doesn't make a clear distinction what exactly that under 5,000 number applies to.

Though if it is split ~2,500 of each format, it won't last long.

Exactly.

You could be right about that. I never think about CDs being numbered due to how cheap and easy they are to produce (except for in smaller cases with indie bands and such, then numbered CDs makes sense). The article on the Rockstar website certainly doesn't make a clear distinction what exactly that under 5,000 number applies to.

Though if it is split ~2,500 of each format, it won't last long.

I also just realized the following,

The special edition of GTAV was $80, which is actually more than this set, and the Collectors edition was $150, more than twice as much. Presumably there was more than 5000 copies of each :P and probably like a few dozen million of the regular game itself

I have to agree with this statement, once street date hits I can imagine that there will be flocks of 3rd party sellers with this title in stock, this will eventually spiral the price down to around $65 within the first 1-2 months then once it sells out will probably jump to over $150 just based on the trends alone, will probably order from a 3rd party seller once street date hits..

I have to agree with this statement, once street date hits I can imagine that there will be flocks of 3rd party sellers with this title in stock, this will eventually spiral the price down to around $65 within the first 1-2 months then once it sells out will probably jump to over $150 just based on the trends alone, will probably order from a 3rd party seller once street date hits..

I hope you're right. Put in an amazon order anyway just in case.

Listen to Jamie Lidell's 'Runaway' From 'Grand Theft Auto V' Relaunch, Music Head Talks Soundtrack: Exclusive

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6319731/jamie-lidell-runaway-grand-theft-auto-v-song-ivan-pavlovich

Crap, now I'm wanting the new songs on this set. Maybe they'll be in the download.

Does anyone have other vinyl from Mass Appeal Records? How does it sound?