Descendents - Cool to Be You - Fat classics repress

@MXV - Fat has an option on their website to pay for the extra cardboard insert. You're right, fat has been doing this long enough to know that most of the time the records make it alright and people who are sticklers for corner dings and pay the extra $1 for the extra protection. You may want to add it next time. Was this your first time ordering from Fat?

@MXV - Fat has an option on their website to pay for the extra cardboard insert. You're right, fat has been doing this long enough to know that most of the time the records make it alright and people who are sticklers for corner dings and pay the extra $1 for the extra protection. You may want to add it next time. Was this your first time ordering from Fat?

I think it's pretty ridiculous that they charge you for what I would consider standard packaging.  I understand that we pay that cost even if it's not explicit, but they should just tack on some more to shipping and do it with every order.  Also, $1 seems steep for a piece of cardboard.  Southern Lord charges ~1-1.50$ more than most labels for shipping, but they use heavy duty mailers with additional corner protectors.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that they charge you for what I would consider standard packaging.  I understand that we pay that cost even if it's not explicit, but they should just tack on some more to shipping and do it with every order.  Also, $1 seems steep for a piece of cardboard.  Southern Lord charges ~1-1.50$ more than most labels for shipping, but they use heavy duty mailers with additional corner protectors.

it's not that big of a deal

I didn't see that and it wasn't my first time ordering. That is ridiculous. If they are charging 15 bucks plus shipping they can afford a piece of fucking cardboard in the mailer without further gouging the customer. It won't eat into their profit margin more than a few cents since they buy in huge bulk. 

Fuck Fat Wreck! This is the last time I order from them and as expected they didn't respond to my email. 

I didn't see that and it wasn't my first time ordering. That is ridiculous. If they are charging 15 bucks plus shipping they can afford a piece of fucking cardboard in the mailer without further gouging the customer. It won't eat into their profit margin more than a few cents since they buy in huge bulk. 

Fuck Fat Wreck! This is the last time I order from them and as expected they didn't respond to my email. 

You're probably not going to get too much sympathy I'm afraid. Fat has some of the consistantly best customer service and best prices around. Not to mention that ultimately they're putting out products that people want from bands they love.

If this rant were directed at folks like SRC you'd have villagers with pitchforks and torches at the ready.

If it wasn't your first time ordering then you should know that they don't put extra padding in. $15 is a pretty damn good price considering how many records that are coming out are $20+ right now. I don't think they'll have any problem selling their records without you. Sorry dude.

My brother's copy of Milo Goes To College was left by him when he went to college. I listened to it non-stop as a teenager and it will always be my favorite. I was just the right age for Everything Sucks, though (14) so it holds a very special place in my heart. All is next best for me, followed by kind of a clump of all the others.

I wish I had a cool story like this. Thanks for sharing homie.

That sucks. To make up for it they'll probably invite you out to Fat Mike's house so you can find one of his records that's not the best, but that's alright. Then they will give you a mailer that you can put it in to shake it, BUT you only get to shake it once so it only gets messed up at the bottom. It won't be as badly or severely damaged as yours, but ya know fair is fair. Then they'll film it and send it over to TMZ because that's punk.

I just busted my side laughing at this. Fucking hell man, that was funny.

Also, this isn't strictly related to Cool to be You, but does anyone know the significance with Descendents and "age" - "Myage," "Bikeage," "Tonyage," "Cameage," Filmage, etc.? 

I wish I had a cool story like this. Thanks for sharing homie.

I just busted my side laughing at this. Fucking hell man, that was funny.

Also, this isn't strictly related to Cool to be You, but does anyone know the significance with Descendents and "age" - "Myage," "Bikeage," "Tonyage," "Cameage," Filmage, etc.? 

Bill used to add the word "age" on the end of everything back when he was a teenager.