Hardcore is totally SERIOUS BUSINESS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost lost an eye at a US Bombs show cause some punx tool decided that it was totally okay for him to mosh wearing a jacket covered in two inch spikes. I had a scar on the left side of my face for the better part of a month. Just barely missed my eye.

Also, I think the existence of NYHC should count for this thread.

There's nothing l love more than paying $5-10 to get into a show and have the privelige of constantly getting kicked in the back of the head by beefy dudes in boots and camo shorts.

Anyone who complains about people who complain about stange diving crowd surfing will be on the end of my big fat ass cannonballing off the amp at a Youth of ToGay show.

I had to break up 3 or 4 fights at an Every Time I Die show last month. Every fucking time someone would get accidentally hit in the face and then kick off at the guy who hit him. I'd pull them apart and tell them to calm the fuck down because every is here just trying to have a good time.

I eventually gave up and didn't bother getting involved with the 5th fight.

Also some dude was spin-kicking way to close to one of my girl friends face at an A Day To Remember show, so she pushed him forward a bit, but his response to that was to take 3 steps back and try to kick her in the face. My friend, her boyfriend, literally flew through the air to knock the dude down. He deserved it.

Fuck shows man, what's the point anymore?

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO STILL GOT HEART. TO THE ONES WHO WERE HERE FROM THE START. IF YOU LIVE HARDCORE YOU GOT NOTHING TO LOSE. IF YOU REALLY GOT HEART YOU GOT NOTHING TO PROVE. YOU'RE HERE FOR THE RIGHT REASONS. THE MUSIC, THE MESSAGE AND THE FRIENDSHIP. YOU DON'T CHANGE WITH THE SEASONS . YOU DON'T HAVE TO BECAUSE YOU LIVE IT, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT. I SAID IT AGAIN BECAUSE I TRULY BELIEVE IT. THIS IS A WAY OF LIFE, NOT A GAME FOR THE WEAK. IT'S PUMPING THROUGH OUR VEINS, EVEN THE WAY WE SPEAK. WE'RE ALONE IN THIS WORLD. OUTCAST, HATED AND PROUD.

Times are changing for the worse

Gotta keep a positive outlook

Growing up in such violent times

Have some faith and you`ll get by

Thinking back when I was a kid

Times have changed so much since then

All grown up I gotta do for myself

I refuse to depend on anyone else

Life`s hard, you struggle some times

In the end I`ll get what`s mine

But for now I`ll deal with the times

Have some faith and you`ll get by

Times are changing for the worse

Times are changing - I keep

I know my family is there for me

And without them where the hell would I be

But still I gotta try to be my own man

Make good of what I got - do the best that I can

any time i get kicked in the head by an asshole crowd surfer at some show you shouldnt be crowd surfing at, i steal their keys, wallet, shoes, and anything else i can get and then throw that shit as far as humanly possible. one kid kicked me twice.. we got his car keys... later that night we kept locking and unlocking his car as he freaked out standing next to it.

never piss off a fat ska fan dudes.

6'5" 300lbs... i should be a linebacker

I think people bitching about crowd surfers are fucking babies that need to shut up.

i wasn't bitching. im just saying... kick me in the head, have fun walking home :)

speaking of getting kicked in the head... last against me! show i went to... someone thru a dwarf at me, and knocked a filling right out of my jaw.. i shit you not.. i think 2 other kids on this board saw it happen.

The hardest I've ever been hit was at this show.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I4qhjbH-VYo

You can't see very well, but the pit runs the entire length of the room. It was insane.

I was at this show too. I think I was there to see Ignite. I was happy that the pile-ons and sing-a-longs won out (for the most part) during their set.

I still think the craziest show I've been to was the Cro Mags retirement tour. The crowd pretty much tore the Trocadero apart. The only way not to get punched at that show was to get on the stage with the band.

I don't go to tons of hardcore shows, but I've never seen anything bad.

I can agree with the crowd-surfing stuff. It's one thing if it is a hardcore concert and it's just pile-on mayhem.. I find that kind of fun myself. But if it's something more calm, like Brand New, you shouldn't be up there. If you must, fine, but keep your fucking feet up. I have some friends who used to rip kids down when they were crowd-surfing or steal shoes or whatever to try to get them to stop. I never decided how I felt about that.

when i saw converge on that baroness tour, there was this kid in front of us who was like having a seizure and flailing around like an idiot (mind you, we're on the side of the pit far from any action. with not much room around us.) so he keeps bumping into us and shit so finally i but my elbow in the small of his back and run him into the middle of the pit and into the ground.

funny thing is right after that, he comes back over to where we were and acts calm then starts trying to talk to me. i just gave him the glare of death.