TITLE FIGHT - HYPERVIEW 2/3/15

dvv

2015: the year of people willing to pay $13 for a cassette.

The only redeeming factor that I see in the resurgence of cassettes is that they're usually $4-$5 from diy labels.

What I typically buy. However, I wanted this tape... so I bought it. I do, however, smirk at $30 single LPs.

We should crucify people who are extreme. I'll hold my hands up so you can nail me up first.

I'm not saying anything bad about you. I don't care that you spent that much on a tape. If you wanted it, it's your money. Tapes are awesome. I'm merely commenting on the fact that cassette prices are crazy. 

Vinyl prices are crazy too, but they cost more in general. Getting 500+ tapes done costs like $1 per tape. Getting 1000 LP's made is like $5 per LP. Obviously there's a lot of variables for that.

I'm not saying anything bad about you. I don't care that you spent that much on a tape. If you wanted it, it's your money. Tapes are awesome. I'm merely commenting on the fact that cassette prices are crazy.

Vinyl prices are crazy too, but they cost more in general. Getting 500+ tapes done costs like $1 per tape. Getting 1000 LP's made is like $5 per LP. Obviously there's a lot of variables for that.

Tapes shouldn't exist unless the band/label doesn't have the money to press some records. Tapes are stupid. Maybe if the tape player in my truck ever worked I would feel differently.

Sorry dantheriver, I think you have a bit of a personal problem going on there.

I would like to get a nice-ish tape deck from the pawnshop and listen to my tapes at home. They're not as shitty as people think. Tapes are hi-fi, as long as the master is high quality. And they're played on a nice-ish tape deck, aka not on a $5 Walkman.

The whole point of producing tapes comes from the fact that they are supposed to be inexpensive and people (angsty low-income teenagers and twenty-somethings) can play them in their (used) cars