Melvins reissues on the way!

swan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A local store got these in already. Playing Lysol right now and it sounds pretty good. Wouldn't say its a huge improvement over the original but it's noticable. But it's awesome that these are available widely again.

i really hope my amazon pre-orders get filled.... so much bad luck with those lately.

i got these yesterday.

https://twitter.com/burntwolf/status/556878462720675842

they must not have been able to find the original artwork. they used slightly blown up CD art on black jackets.

soundwise, ozma sounds pretty close to original. solid reissue. although, the main reason i bought the reissue of these was i was hoping 'candy-o' would be on there. it's on the euro version but not the US original. it's not though. it's a bonus download only. 

i will throw on bullhead next, but if ozma is any indication, they did a pretty good job w/ the reissue pressing.

i don't have originals of lysol or eggnog anymore, so i can't compare those two. 

Burntwolf - is there an actual improvement in sound though rather than it just sounding close to the original? Is there more clarity, bigger soundstage etc etc?

i almost always find i give the edge to original pressings...it's rare for me to find reissues improving on the original presses unless the original was really bad or something. i've been going back through my collection and listening to a lot of originals versus reissues the last few months.

the originals sounded great to me and it would prob be pretty tough to do a blind sound test between the reissues and originals. i wouldn't discourage anyone from picking them up. so, on the flipside, no there isn't any improvement over the originals w/ the reissues. but, like i said, i rarely find that to be the case. i am always going for original presses these days unless the original is super expensive or too hard to come by.