The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Flesh and Bone Records has 4 new releases available to purchase from artists in a wide array of genres. The four releases are as follows:

FBR015 - Lesser Lights - Glass Bones & Paper Lungs

RIYL - Every Time I Die, The Chariot

FBR016 - Other Mountains - Mare's Nest

RIYL - Sigur Ros, The Album Leaf, Mutemath

FBR017 - Claim Culture - American Ritual

RIYL - Russian Circles, Poison The Well, Cave In

FBR018 - The Collection - Ars Moriendi

RIYL - Mewithoutyou, Sufjan Stevens, The Oh Hellos, The Soil & The Sun

Most of these come with extra items, and will all ship immediately. All artists also have new apparel items up in the Flesh and Bone webstore.

You can stream all of the new releases at www.fleshandbone.bandcamp.com

You can purchase all of the new releases at www.fleshandbonerecords.storenvy.com

10985919_1596196237302712_50736746542116

Hey forgive me if its been posted in here already but do you guys have any recommendations on other cassette forums/blogs worth checking out?

there's come cassette groups on facebook, just search for em, other than that just kind of drift through the tape label network haha

Hey forgive me if its been posted in here already but do you guys have any recommendations on other cassette forums/blogs worth checking out?

Tiny Mix Tapes : Cerberus section covers tapes pretty heavily, but not exclusively.

http://www.tinymixtapes.com/cerberus

OMGVinyl does CS posts from time to time as well, but they're posting is pretty sporadic.  If you're into podcasts, Tabs Out is a good one that's all cassettes.

All three focus more on experimental stuff, so your mileage may vary.

Edit : Twitter/Tumblr are pretty good resources too.  I just follow labels I like and similar, works fairly well keeping me on top of things.

0005028101_10.jpg

Toronto "witch punk" trio The Bats Pajamas are set to release their new album, No Hello, on cassette and digi formats May 26th via Fleeting Youth Records. 

“Wrong House” is a scuzzy affair, built with tinny shreds of guitar and muffled vocals that change from troubled howls to blood-curdling screams in a matter of seconds. The song highlights their grungy, dark, and disheveled punk rock they dub "Witch Punk." 

No Hello was recorded to tape in a few days with a DIY living room setup.

Was catching up on my pile of new tapes today and was completely blown away by the latest Hidden Persuaders cassette. I highly recommend tracking down a copy or listening to the bandcamp if you are even remotely interested in experimental/ambient/drone/noise/synth music. Best album I have heard this year on any format!

listen here:

https://agiantfern.bandcamp.com/album/elegies-and-curses

Sick artwork also!

a0477883663_2.jpg

looks like some copies of the cassette found their way back on bandcamp. insta-grab. great album.

Was catching up on my pile of new tapes today and was completely blown away by the latest Hidden Persuaders cassette. I highly recommend tracking down a copy or listening to the bandcamp if you are even remotely interested in experimental/ambient/drone/noise/synth music. Best album I have heard this year on any format!

listen here:

https://agiantfern.bandcamp.com/album/elegies-and-curses

Sick artwork also!

a0477883663_2.jpg

I have this for sale.