The Original Cassette Collective Thread

Here's a shot of the catalogue #'s: 

They came out in reverse order.  2 colours for each album, 120 copies total, 60 of each colour.... getting all 8 was tough since most of the time they sold out within about 5 or 10 minutes.

I only wanted POYRRG, and managed to get a copy so was stoked with that. You must have been setting a lot of alarms / reminders.

I only wanted POYRRG, and managed to get a copy so was stoked with that. You must have been setting a lot of alarms / reminders.

Not only that but the story of how I got all 8 is actually super convoluted... 5 of the tapes ended up getting lost in the mail and re-sent twice.  It wasn't easy, but it worked out in the end.  Did you get the clear, or clear w/ red tray?

Bought. Partially because of the artwork.

Yep... I just completed my #12 collection today.... 

Nice. I only got Mongrel and POYRRG. I found out about the releases too late to get Worse Than Alone, which is my favorite. But I have it on vinyl so that's okay.

Blowing my mind right now that The Number 12 Looks Like You can sell out 120 tapes of each of their old albums. 

I like tapes and have a ton myself, but I just do not understand why anyone would want to buy a cassette reissue of a cd that came out 10 years ago. I would get it if the albums were expensive or hard to find, but that is certainly not the case here.

And I actually like the band, not knocking them at all.

panucci's pizza-all the toppings 2xcassette.

complete discography by the great mathy emo band

https://panuccispizza.bandcamp.com/album/dont-tip-the-delivery-boy(is purchased with, in my opinion, their strongest release.)

anyways, its out of 100 red+blue cassettes

(FFO-dads,snowing, cap n' jazz)

Nice! Gonna grab it when I get paid.

New release from Billy Catfish Orchestra on Lurker Bias. Strong Odelay-era Beck vibes mixed with Black Dice looping and weirdo orchestral moments. Five tracks included now with preorder over at Bandcamp.

Please check it out, we're crazy happy to be working with Billy and this tape sounds incredible.

https://lurkerbias.bandcamp.com/album/lb-013-queasy-rider

My personal dillemma: My cassette collection is inside a big rubber bin, sealed, that is currently hosting my aquarium because the last thing it was sitting on got damaged, and will remain there until I get a new unit for the tank. To remove the aquarium and pull out my collection just to photograph it would require removing my fish to a temp bowl, removing the water from the tank, unplugging all the cords and whatnot, removing the tank, then removing all the tapes, then putting everything back. *eyetwitch* (oh no worries, there's no way water can get into this bin, or I wouldn't have used it. The joys of bachelorette living!)

On the other hand, my CD collection is all in sleeves in a binder. ^^ I guess I haven't taken care of my cassettes.

My Teddy Ruxpin book and tape collection is mint and in their boxes with the books, at least. ^__^