The Original Cassette Collective Thread

I was at this store in Chattanooga, TN the other day that sells used media but apparently not cassettes. They have a free bin outside where they dump stuff they won't buy and the seller doesn't want back and I came acoss the motherload of tapes! Not all really my taste, but super stoked about the Led Zeppelin I, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, and Beach Boys ones.wW30zR4.jpg

Just bought a Built to Spill cassette for $30 because I'm a sucker. I've never seen a copy of this on cassette, so I went for it. It's from Thailand, which from what I've heard, is pretty notorious for bootleg tapes. This one looks pretty legitimate though, the catalog number even links it to the DAT master that's listed on discogs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Built-To-Spill-Perfect-From-Now-On-Sealed-Cassette-90-039-s-Sonic-Youth-Pavement-/181529488957?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276&autorefresh=true

Anyone into psych/drone? You should be into this label! 

https://skylanternrecords.bandcamp.com/album/four-tape-package-deal-2

They've got a bundle thing rolling now, this dude is sick, he's from Arizona and is gathering some prime time experimental drone psychedelic lo fi from around the world. He's super chill too and he'll answer any questions you have via FaceBook...

Support his & the bands shiz!

a3109888622_10.jpg

I would taken the Public Enemy, Beach Boys, and the Mortal Kombat ST and left the rest. A Michael Bolton cassette is worth less than one cent.

Kinda curious about that POWER RAP tape though.

Yeah alot is total crap but it is good to have the good cases to switch out as well as the little felt pieces. I have tons of tapes in cracked or that flexible soft plastic and I'd rather have them in normal cases.

That power rap is an 80's rap comp it has rum dmc and some other rappers, pretty cool! http://www.discogs.com/Various-Power-Rap/release/3044120

Edit: The Kool Rap one is cool too it has Public Enemy, NWA, and EPMD! http://www.discogs.com/Various-Kool-Rap/release/3459697

Zao/Luti-Kriss (pre-Norma Jean) split cassette: http://zaomerch.bigcartel.com/product/zao-luti-kriss-sampler-cassette

Zao found a bunch of merch, including these tapes, and are selling it to fund the next album.  First round of stuff is up now.

So, this bad boy showed up in the mail the other day... anyone else receive a copy that has a decent set up to rip tapes to digital?  I'd love to have a FLAC copy of this... just saying ;)

I didn't buy it because i already had the cds, but I understand the collector mentality of buying it.

I highly doubt they mixed those songs differently for a promo cassette. The purpose of the tape is to preview what is on the cd. You will most definitely get a lower quality audio ripping the tape rather than listening to the cd (or ripping the cd).

it really doesn't matter to me in the end. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

Finally finished cataloging all my modern, limited tapes. Cataloging the vintage non-limited tapes is going to take a lot longer so this will have to do. It's an accomplishment for me to sit down and do something like that for hours so just had to share with someone who might appreciate that nonsense. It's nearer to the bottom.

Oh crap. I suck. Here it is.

I am not good at internetting

Hey man you can take the ?'s off of Real Estate and Ducktails tapes. I don't know pressing amounts but the days was released with the album on release date and the ducktails were made for his tour for flower lane in 2013 and the remaining copies went online.

Hey man you can take the ?'s off of Real Estate and Ducktails tapes. I don't know pressing amounts but the days was released with the album on release date and the ducktails were made for his tour for flower lane in 2013 and the remaining copies went online.

Oh, sweet. I can't believe those Days cassettes have been for sale there for 3 years, I wonder if they just keep making them. This is the kind of stuff I stress about

Oh, sweet. I can't believe those Days cassettes have been for sale there for 3 years, I wonder if they just keep making them. This is the kind of stuff I stress about

Idk, I got mine back when I preordered the album in 2011. Can't imagine there are too many out there especially since unless you know the work around you can't even order them in America. Did you know there is a cassette for their Reality EP? I just got that in the mail on Friday. It id fantastic.

I'm not 100% sure so now that I think about it this post is pointless but I think that Dads - American Radass is 1st press out of 200. I have the 2nd press and it's green with no pot leaves on it.

It's hard for me to tell, I checked Discogs and various sites Dads stuff is being sold but couldn't find relevant info, Discogs has an entry for green but the original entry doesn't state color. You're probably right but I don't see it anywhere so I can't put it on the sheet, I'm anal like that. Maybe it's hiding in the VC Forums somewhere.