RIP Harris Wittels

Comedian, writer, and musician Harris Wittels died of a drug-overdose. Many of you will know him from his work on Parks and Recreation, but he had a very large base of work and was a very talented man. Unfortunately his struggle with addiction got the best of him.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/parks-recreation-executive-producer-harris-775563

Here's a song from his band Don't Stop Or We'll Die, gonna miss you Twittels.

Bummer.  Such a funny guy.  I remember him being probably the funniest person to ever appear on an episode of Getting Doug.  Checking out this podcast too and it's already pretty funny: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/phish-101/

I keep reading drug overdose, but has anyone said what drug(s)?

I listened to this episode a few times and now I'm gonna have to listen again. It's one of my favorite YMIW episodes. I'm so bummed about this right now. I always feel sick when the comedy community loses someone and this just seemed out of nowhere. He seemed to be doing well in his recovery. It sucks so bad that one slip up can just end everything. RIP.

My guess is speed ball

Nope, he leaned on a sharp corner that he thought was made of foam and impaled himself.

I wasn't ready to feel these things. I just listened to his You Made It Weird episode this week, probably the most insane drug story I've ever heard, but it sounded like he was making his way out of the woods. Such a fucking drag.

Seconding the plugs for Analyze Phish, one of the all-time greatest podcasts in the already great Earwolf universe.

This is terrible. I love him on CBB. Foam corner and the lumbar yard improvs are so good. Always wanted DSOWD would put their stuff on vinyl too.

I yelled at them and Jonah Ray on Twitter to do vinyl releases via Jonah's new label (Literally Figuratively) and all of them said they were down. Hopefully they still do it, Gorgeous was such a good album that got overlooked last year.

This is really heartbreaking. One of the funniest guys there was. I've been relistening to a bunch of old CBBs with him ever since I heard the news.

He was so open and honest and hilarious that it really felt like you knew the guy (especially after listening to countless hours of him goofing around with his friends), which makes this feel even worse.

There was one more Farts And Procreation episode of Comedy Bang Bang, and they released it today. Scott gives a beautiful eulogy up top.

https://m.soundcloud.com/comedybangbang/336-harris-wittels-chelsea-peretti-adam-scott

it made me really happy (and a little sad) to see that's what the CBB this week was.  Scott's words at the beginning were very sweet and the ending made me laugh very hard.