PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

I work for CD Universe. 

We're not sure how many if any of this title that we're going to get. This product showed up in our automated feed with no restrictions, so we put it up as a pre-order. We sold 56 copies in a 24 hour period which prompted us to get more information.  We were told that this was going to be for Record Store Day only and not for sale online, so we suspended orders. We were told that we could get some after Record Store Day, but based on the demand it seemed unlikely.  Anyone who ordered is in the queue and their orders would get fulfilled in the order that they were placed, assuming there are no payment issues (nobody is charged until it is shipped).

However, today I was told that we can sell it domestically as long as we don't export it because outside of the US it can only be sold on Record Store Day. So, we had to cancel some orders that were not being shipped to the US.  That leaves us with a smaller number that we would have to acquire, but still large.

I'm actively working on getting our order in with hopes that we can get this item, but it obviously is very uncertain at this point.

I work for CD Universe. 

We're not sure how many if any of this title that we're going to get. This product showed up in our automated feed with no restrictions, so we put it up as a pre-order. We sold 56 copies in a 24 hour period which prompted us to get more information.  We were told that this was going to be for Record Store Day only and not for sale online, so we suspended orders. We were told that we could get some after Record Store Day, but based on the demand it seemed unlikely.  Anyone who ordered is in the queue and their orders would get fulfilled in the order that they were placed, assuming there are no payment issues (nobody is charged until it is shipped).

However, today I was told that we can sell it domestically as long as we don't export it because outside of the US it can only be sold on Record Store Day. So, we had to cancel some orders that were not being shipped to the US.  That leaves us with a smaller number that we would have to acquire, but still large.

I'm actively working on getting our order in with hopes that we can get this item, but it obviously is very uncertain at this point.

Noooooo, Can I change my Canadian order to a US Shipping address?

Haha, you can add to cart, at the bottom however it has 

Thanks for your interest. We are no longer accepting pre-orders for this title. If we have extras, we will make an announcement on Twitter. You might want to follow @bullmoosevinyl. Thanks.

Haha, you can add to cart, at the bottom however it has

Thanks for your interest. We are no longer accepting pre-orders for this title. If we have extras, we will make an announcement on Twitter. You might want to follow @bullmoosevinyl. Thanks.

I was about to say maybe they cancelled the orders of some of the record flippers lol

just got an email from soundstage and they said that they will be able to fulfill orders as they have made a "sizable order" from the manufacturer.  I placed my order with them yesterday around noon.     

Is this any different than CDUniverse though? Is there a guarantee that their whole order will get filled?

Is this any different than CDUniverse though? Is there a guarantee that their whole order will get filled?

i suppose it all depends on when soundstage placed their order relative to cd universe and other retailers and if they canceled after the "RSD Only" confusion came about.  there was no guarantee of shipment but the customer service rep seemed confident for what thats worth, either way, i am at least more hopeful than after the 4ad preorders sold out. 

I do know from other releases, MD will take pre-orders up to a point. they then take down the listing if they aren't 100% sure how many they will get (to prevent massive overselling - and thus making potential buyers, who they want to be future buyers, unhappy). If they get more, it goes back up. if they get shorted, they only have a handful of cancellations. 

I feel confident getting a pre-order in, but I'm not 100%.

Looks like Sound Stage has listed their pre-order as unavailable / out of stock.  Makes me feel a little more confident about placing my order when I did.  (Which is good, since the funds are already missing from my account.)  I still have a possible lead on another box, if anyone's interested.  I'll know more as we get closer to the release date.

But the more I think about it... if we're looking to pick one up from a fellow board member who's helping out VC, that's $150 + applicable taxes + $20[?] to ship this thing.  I don't know if it's honestly worth it, considering the albums are going to be released individually.  $170+ for 4 albums is rough, even with limited-edition bronze wax and LP housing.

This whole experience with this particular release has been nothing but stressful. Finally joining this forum so I don't miss any future places. I have this preordered at several venues that have already been posted. The confusion with distributors as far as rsd has been crazy. I've emailed several record stores in the US who are thinking its a rsd item so they are going to sell it on RSD. This confusion is 4ad fault for not being more clear with the distributors and the stores planing to carry this. Did someone miss the memo. Not only are they not printing enough but they dropped the ball on the distribution. I know all of us who didn't get in on 4ad presales are snatching up every preorder opportunity that comes out about in fear of not getting out order fulfilled. 4ad or the distributor should get in touch with the record stores telling them how many they will get and then send an email out to everyone who preordered who will get one for sure and who won't. That way we can all cancel our orders and let others get in on the preorders. I only want one, then I will be happy. Sure there's record flippers whist waiting to get their hands on this but it's crazy for sure. If I get an extra in helping a fellow fan out. Just had to vent my opinion.

Europe people

Not up yet but this means it's in their system

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00UBCR67M/ref=mp_s_a_1_2/279-9449482-1420927?qid=1425963108&sr=1-2π=V192558960_AA75&keywords=Red+House+Painters+Red+House+Painters

http://www.sonicrecords.pl/zapowiedzi

Not for sale but they have they are getting it and have individual listed but no release date yet

This Canadian store had it listed last week for preorder but has since been taken down. (They would not ship to the US)

http://frequencesledisquaire.com/produit/lp/lp-red-house-painters-boxset-6lp-180gr-bronze-vinyl-download/

Europe people Go go go

https://www.cede.de/de/music/?branch_sub=4&view=detail&id=1233999&branch=1

Europe people

Not up yet but this means it's in their system

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00UBCR67M/ref=mp_s_a_1_2/279-9449482-1420927?qid=1425963108&sr=1-2π=V192558960_AA75&keywords=Red+House+Painters+Red+House+Painters

http://www.sonicrecords.pl/zapowiedzi

Not for sale but they have they are getting it and have individual listed but no release date yet

This Canadian store had it listed last week for preorder but has since been taken down. (They would not ship to the US)

http://frequencesledisquaire.com/produit/lp/lp-red-house-painters-boxset-6lp-180gr-bronze-vinyl-download/

Europe people Go go go

https://www.cede.de/de/music/?branch_sub=4&view=detail&id=1233999&branch=1

Thanks for the heads-up. I've checked Cede and will keep my fingers crossed that my order goes through. I emailed them this morning and received instantly an answer. Seems like they will get enough items and they will ship the box sets on first come first serve shizm. This is my third try to get my hands on this box set ;-) Thanks again and good luck to everyone out there