PO (soon): WAND - Golem

According to discogs the orange is /200, red is /400, and then a black I assume is unlmtd.

The orange is more than /200. ITR sold 200 and the band is selling more at shows. Who knows how many more is the question.

Midheaven was selling 200 red copies but Rough Trade is selling 400 "red" copies too. Who knows if it is the same color red. The /400 red number is coming from Rough Trade's website

Just to clarify Midheaven's response made it sound like they thought the red pressing was limited to 200 overall (though I'm sure it's probably likely that they did have that much to sell and just weren't aware of Rough Trade's allotment). Either way it looks like both variants are limited, just not as limited as In The Red / Rough Trade made it out to be.

And now ITR is doing red copies?

ITR made red copies to give to Midheaven to distribute. However, there have been a few instances (myself included) where ITR messed up and gave red copies out to the first 200 orders instead of orange.

I would imagine all copies ordered from ITR now and for a while now are on black vinyl

Do you know if you were one of the first 200?

Maybe they decided to give some red to people who were close to 200 but they ran out and thought it would be nice, but that is based on nothing but a guess.

Yes. Based on the order numbers posted earlier in this thread, I was earlier than people that received orange copies

As was I. Im guessing a box of red was sent to ITR by mistake and they unknowingly shipped them out. Tunes rip either way.

Indeed. I love ITR and this incident changes nothing for me. They didn't even promise orange, they promised "color vinyl" which they delivered on. I ended up getting an orange copy anyway. Just a minor inconvenience and a little money.

The Wand album kicks ass regardless of color.

My mailorder copy from in the red was red. In some emails back and forth with them they said they have 200 orange and they gave 200 orange to the band to sell. I also just happened to buy a orange copy from permanent records in LA today. No way to tell since it was sealed but they said they were pretty sure they were band copies.

So I guess the red and orange are both out of /400 then? Either way I'm keeping both colors, love this album.

Who's going to win that test press??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...