Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne DLC Hype Train

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so right now I'm able to get either Dark Souls 2 with all the DLC on PS4 (digitally) for around £12 (about $18) which is a ridiculous bargain. Or I can just buy the Bloodborne DLC for like £16 ($24). What would people recommend? Is the DS2 DLC worth it?

I should point out that I've played every Souls game, and platinumed Bloodborne, but I never got around to getting the DLC for DS2. Also, I'm working through Fallout 4 right now!

don't get me wrong, IT WAS AMAZING. I started playing at about 4:30 and was done at about 11:30. I took a few breaks for a phone call, dinner, and spent a little time with my wife. So altogether about 5.5-6 hours or so? I played on NG+2, level 170, Ludwig Holy Sword +10. I was still getting WRECKED by everything. the weapons were all really easy to find with the exception of 1 or 2. I haven't messed with any of them, but from the hunter enemies a lot of them seemed really cool. level design was superb, some of the best areas in the game. there's some really unsettling stuff going on haha. I probably missed some stuff so I'm going to go exploring over the weekend. boss fights are a mixed bag. 2 of them are up there with the best of the best of the Souls games.

idk, that's the way that DLC is integrated in every other Souls game... you don't get to access the DS1 DLC until after anor londo. bloodborne's a lot more forgiving--you only have to technically beat 2 bosses.

I picked it back up a week or two before the DLC hit so that I could get re-git gud, and get my timing down again. I was right after papa guac on NG+2 and was just going to play up through vicar amelia, but I just kept playing and finished everything including all of the optional bosses up until the end game (it's a damn fun game!!).

the warm-up is probably pretty nice since the DLC is pretty unforgiving. I doubt that after not touching the game for several months, anyone would be able to breeze through the DLC right off the bat. meh.

It definitely looks a lot quicker, which I personally prefer. Having played Bloodborne and gone back to DS2 again, you can definitely feel a big difference in the movement. My character is currently handling like a shopping trolley, he feels so slow and clunky in comparison.

So probably DS2 first, then Bloodborne?