Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne DLC Hype Train

So probably DS2 first, then Bloodborne?

Personally I would say so, yeah. Purely because DS2 shows it's age more by playing Bloodborne beforehand. Bloodborne is much smoother and more fluid both graphically (obviously) and in terms of character movement.

That said, both are excellent games, you can't go wrong with either one of them. Wish I could play them both again for the first time to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Man I would love a Demon's Souls remake/remaster. Would love to replay it with enhanced visuals.

Maybe E3 is more likely considering DS3 is due out in March? Considering we had DS2, Bloodborne a year later, then a DS2 remaster, and then DS3 around a year after Bloodborne, I'd be very surprised if they didnt have something else up their sleeves.

I guess what I'm saying is; they seem to have got into the habit of annual releases, so there will be something coming by early 2017 I'd imagine.

miyazaki said dark souls 3 would be the final chapter, so it may be possible for a rerelease of demons souls. or bloodborne 2 (which I hope doesn't happen, since the DLC provided pretty good closure). or there could be news of an entirely new IP. a souls-like space game would be so cool...

Picked up Bloodborne again and bought the DLC. I'm up to Rom in the main game and haven't gotten anywhere in the DLC (aside from running around and picking things up - Amygdala's Arm is a fun weapon.)

Happy to get back into the game. I don't know why it soured on me (probably just overplaying it) but it is stil lreally good. Fights are fun, for the most part, difficulty is still there, graphics are insane.

I still can't counter with guns, and I miss my shield/actually decent in-combat rolling from DS1+2 but. Bloodborne is still good. Looking forward to the rest of the game and the DLC especially.

• 9 months later...

Finally getting around to SOTFS...it seems relatively easy compared to BB for me. The boss battles especially. Granted I've only taken out 6 or 7 so far. Pursuer was the hardest until I found out you can parry so much in that fight. Still getting used to having/using a shield.

6 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Finally getting around to SOTFS...it seems relatively easy compared to BB for me. The boss battles especially. Granted I've only taken out 6 or 7 so far. Pursuer was the hardest until I found out you can parry so much in that fight. Still getting used to having/using a shield.

SOTFS is the easiest until the DLC. some of those boss fights and areas are brutal.

Dark Souls 2 has the best weapon variety of the series. I'll give it that. But, it's insanely easy (up til DLC as Batman mentioned, which is sometimes fucking brutal).

I really enjoyed post game in DS2 because of how easy it was to respec and try new playstyles. And the scholar version with remixed enemies/positions was much, much better than the original version.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Pretty bummed they didn't give the DLC achievements like they did with Bloodborne, but I'm still excited to see if the new bosses are challenging.  

I got rekt for a while... I stayed up most of the night. Just need to explore some more to see if I missed anything. One of the areas was extremely unsettling. 

Edited by batman