Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne DLC Hype Train

Anyone who doesn't get stuck on Capra Demon is a liar or a filthy cheat!

That stupid boss made me stop playing and just wait out for Bloodborne. His stupid dogs always pin you on either side while he just completely fucks your life.

In other news, I have almost broken my controller trying to beat Rom. So frustrating. 

Anyone who doesn't get stuck on Capra Demon is a liar or a filthy cheat!

Hardest part was that fucking room you're in. I just booked it up the stairs and killed the dogs first and then plunge attacked the boss for a lot of damage. Every attack is blockable except that double sword overhead strike. It took me several tries to get it.

just beasted ornstein and smough (solo melee). it was getting pretty ugly, and i thought i'd have to put it off til tomorrow, but everything just clicked.

claymore +10 2-handed, no shield, killed smough first, played 2nd phase ornstein really close. he lanced me twice w/ his electric sword but i pummeled him in return. 

one of the best boss fights i've encountered. THERE'S that fucking rush that bloodborne gave me. i missed it.

I need to pick one of these nights to just steam roll through the rest of Bloodborne so I can go back and finish Dark Souls and start Dark Souls 2.

do it!!!

I just gotta beat the last boss, and then get through NG+ and part of NG++ for the DS1 platinum

all I need is the last miracle and 8 boss soul weapons. I already upgraded the base weapons, I just need the souls.

I'm at Castle Cainhurst now. Trying to beat the Martyr guy. I get him down to like 1/4 health every time and just die from a combo of the skull explosion and a melee swing. The good thing is once he goes into the second phase it's extremely easy to stagger him. Just gotta buy some more vials and give him another try. 

Now, out of curiosity, for Bloodborne, I know people use certain builds depending on what weapon set they use, but is there are any repercussions for leveling some of your skills evenly? Like bringing pretty much every stat (save for maybe Arcane and Bloodtinge), to somewhere around 30 and keeping it there? All of this scaling and soft/hard cap stuff really confuses the hell out of me.

Now, out of curiosity, for Bloodborne, I know people use certain builds depending on what weapon set they use, but is there are any repercussions for leveling some of your skills evenly? Like bringing pretty much every stat (save for maybe Arcane and Bloodtinge), to somewhere around 30 and keeping it there? All of this scaling and soft/hard cap stuff really confuses the hell out of me.

Nah, no negatives. Builds only matter for pvp because it keeps your levels low and your benefits high.

I finished Dark Souls NG+ in two sittings. Started at Sen's Fortress this evening and finished off Gwyn a little bit ago. Got hung up on O&S for a little bit, Four Kings, and (surprisingly) Gwyn. Everything else was easy breezy. Bed of Chaos is still the worst boss ever.

Just need to get another Sif soul and get to the giant blacksmith in NG++ and the platinum will be mine. Already rang the first bell. :)

Naw, I miss Dark 1 (and Demon's) on a regular basis.  

I also found Gwyn to be a lot tougher on NG+ - partly because I did Solaire's quest the first time so I had him to distract Gwyn while I melted him.  NG+ was fought solo, but certainly significantly harder than NG, even aside from that.  He's so scrubby in NG that I didn't expect him to be so beastly in NG+. On the other hand, he is parryable and you can also cheese him using Great Combustion, it was never patched.

Seems like most of the bosses that seem easy/scrubby on first playthrough get bumped way up on 2nd playthrough and the bosses who are tough, are about the same or only slightly tougher.  Or at least that's how it seems.  I've also found that bosses are easiest on the 1st attempt in all Souls games, and a friend of mine agrees.  Not sure if that's actually a thing, but it seems that way.

Ah I fucked up Solaire's quest and he went hollow due to a chaos bug to the face :( I did everything solo with the exception of Manus--I summoned puppy Sif. I stuck to my +15 claymore and didn't use any magic so that may have hindered me a bit. I did the elemental upgrades for the trophies, but never actually used the weapons outside of a divine weapon to finish off the skeletons quickly in the Nito fight. I beat Gwyn w/o parries by baiting his long attack, dodging, getting a few quick hits in, and backing off. I tried to use the environment to my advantage when I could but he has insane reach w/ that flaming sword.

I haven't played DeS yet, but I can definitely say that Bloodborne had some of the most difficult bosses. Defiled chalice dungeon, i'm looking at you... Probably should've summoned, but I like the challenge of completing things solo.

I feel like summoning Sif is almost mandatory for me, since it is missable if u do not rescue him first. Also if u do that before his boss fight in the forest u get a different cutscene in which he sniffs and recognizes you... So cool.

Solaires quest is cool too, requires doing the chaos cov shortcut to keep him alive. I usually play as a pyromancer so doing that cov is right up my alley anyway. If u choose the ring as a gift or trade for it at the nest u get dialogue from the fair lady.

Maaan dark 1 is so awesome.

Yeah the HP cut in defiled chalices is a killer. I rarely invest in vit but in that case I was like 'yeah I'm gonna have to invest some points in vit'