Hail to the Theif Captiol vs. Parlaphone

Pressing quality certainly varies (OG OK Computer pressings are notoriously noisy) but generally I think that Parlophone use better sources.

OG eu/uk pressings of ok (and the rest) are tops.. not sure about og us.  all the capitorl reissues are borderline garbage. imo

That pressing is terrible compared to the Parlophone one and nobody who has heard them will disagree  :(

sonically i didnt mind the cap, but the pressing was noisy.. 

Are Parlophone pressings just generally better pressings? I know that the couple records I have from Parlophone sound fantastic.

They certainly have a great reputation over on the Steve Hoffman forums. My Parlaphone version of Talk Talk's Spirit of Eden also happens to be among the best sounding records I own.

That pressing is terrible compared to the Parlophone one and nobody who has heard them will disagree  :(

want to trade me then? ;)

i plan on picking one up eventually but there just hasn't been a rush since the capitol stands up for me without a first hand comparison...i think it's one of those cases where the quality control is so awful that it's tough to label the capitol pressing as anything other than "poor" even if there's some good copies that came out of it

Does anyone know how to tell apart the original 1997 Parlophone OK Computer with the later 2008 Parlophone repress? are they both the same, or is one better than the other?

They aren't the same. The original first pressing is not 180 gram and was not shrink wrapped. They both sound fantastic, but they have different stuff in the deadwax. 

I have the original Parlophone pressings of HTTT and Kid A. Both sound incredible.

I should probably pick up Amnesiac. Is there a difference between the original Parlophone and the repress?

How do you know it's original HTTT? The repress is lacking the deadwax info on Discogs, so it's hard to determine what is an OP and what is a repress.

I just noticed a comment on Discogs that said they OK Computer they got from B&N was the Capitol release. I guess i'll see what shows up.

Yeah idk, mine is definitely the Parlaphone pressing, and I only ordered it a couple weeks back.

Let me know what happens. Hopefully I didn't lead you astray.