Fallout Discussion: “76”

Also, seems like the objectives are just luck of the draw. already in 1 hour I've had more lunchbox objectives than I had all morning in my first vault. Already opened 4 lunchboxes AND have a rare dweller... Having a much better go so far in Vault 2.

That's how I feel as well. I've only opened three lunchboxes but I've completed around ten objectives. I feel like weapons are so scarce. I've only gotten one shotgun in the box and a .32 from scavenging in the Wasteland. The only thing I get when someone comes back from exploring is XP for them and occasionally bottle caps. Makes me think it's more worthwhile for them to stay and be productive, as well as protect from raiders, seeing as I only have the one gun.

That's how I feel as well. I've only opened three lunchboxes but I've completed around ten objectives. I feel like weapons are so scarce. I've only gotten one shotgun in the box and a .32 from scavenging in the Wasteland. The only thing I get when someone comes back from exploring is XP for them and occasionally bottle caps. Makes me think it's more worthwhile for them to stay and be productive, as well as protect from raiders, seeing as I only have the one gun.

I don't think Raiders come until a certain population threshold, I haven't hit it yet so it's probably 25 ish?

I've gotten 2 terrible weapons from raiding, some okayish gear. I have had 4 lunchbox tasks so far on this new vault, and my layout is so much prettier, so, I'm sticking with Vault 222 and Vault 111 will be left to rot haha.

I don't think Raiders come until a certain population threshold, I haven't hit it yet so it's probably 25 ish?

I've gotten 2 terrible weapons from raiding, some okayish gear. I have had 4 lunchbox tasks so far on this new vault, and my layout is so much prettier, so, I'm sticking with Vault 222 and Vault 111 will be left to rot haha.

Hmm, Raiders must be completely random as well. I've been getting them since around 12 population. And there are no new people coming to my vault at all. Maybe the radio room helps with that? I'm hoping it's not just children for population growth from now on. They take forever to be born and then I think 4 hours to provide any usefulness.  

And with the raiding, I wonder if it helps to send out groups, maybe they'll confront Raiders and take their gear? My guy I've been sending out has always hid from them. I've gotten a couple good armors, one special person, and one weapon. That's it. Hopefully it picks up.

I've gotta say that my one major qualm with the game so far is that objectives don't look in the past or present only future... When I have an objective to HAVE ONE DWELLER AT 100% HAPPINESS, and all 20 of my dwellers are already at 100... it doesn't check off until I make or get a new dweller, or someone loses happiness and regains it. Same goes for equipping outfits, having weapons, having babies/kids, having pregnant woman... everything.

Yeah, noticed that too. Very annoying.

Don't know if you have to wait longer to get better stuff from the Wasteland but, I sent out my level 10 rare dweller with some shitty expedition gear and no stimpacks. He's killing Yao Guais and taking 0 damage so he might last a while. Gonna let him go for a few hours and see if anything decent turns up before calling him back.

Does it seem to you guys that rad roach infestations and raiders are getting stronger? I guess it makes sense, but my guys are getting no stronger, and no new weapons.

Also, have any of you seen a point of the dwellers leveling up? I haven't noticed a rise in their SPECIAL stats.

I just assumed their stats were raising haha. And I'm in a similar situation. A rad roach infestation in a 3-room room will take 3-4 of my people down to at least half health before I can end it.

I've got a raider coming back with 3 weapons, but they are all as shitty as fists. Dunno what I'm supposed to do. And things like "equip 5 outifts/guns" make the game seem Pay2Win. I can rely on raiding the wastelands... but even 2 hours in with a character nearly twice the level of my other dwellers got me nothing but shitty guns. Harsh!

The longer they're out the better gear they find. After 8 or 10 hours my guy came back with about six weapons and four outfits, and around 600 caps. All pretty decent stuff too.

Okay, so got the game about two hours ago and messed up my first Vault, so I deleted it and started fresh and it looks like it's going well. Sent one Dweller to explore, but I feel like if there's two Dwellers exploring, they'll have a better chance.

So far, I'm loving the game! Guns aren't too scarce for me, but I don't give everyone guns anyways. Only the people I send out to explore.

Okay, so got the game about two hours ago and messed up my first Vault, so I deleted it and started fresh and it looks like it's going well. Sent one Dweller to explore, but I feel like if there's two Dwellers exploring, they'll have a better chance.

So far, I'm loving the game! Guns aren't too scarce for me, but I don't give everyone guns anyways. Only the people I send out to explore.

You'll want guns in your base for rad roaches and raiders invading, trust me!

I've got my level 11 homie out in the wilderness with 4 stims and 2 radaways. Gonna leave him there for the long haul and see how it goes.

I have too many rooms. I can barely keep 2 people in each regardless of their stats. Dumb. Should have upgraded instead of expanding.

You'll want guns in your base for rad roaches and raiders invading, trust me!

I've got my level 11 homie out in the wilderness with 4 stims and 2 radaways. Gonna leave him there for the long haul and see how it goes.

I have too many rooms. I can barely keep 2 people in each regardless of their stats. Dumb. Should have upgraded instead of expanding.

Damn, did not think of that. I'll definitely give everyone guns now, haha. I do have this Eulogy character, which sounds very familiar to me for some reason? I swear he's an actual character in the video games. But anyways, he's a beeeaaast. I think he's level 27 or something along those lines.

And yes, definitely upgrade first, then build extras. That was my mistake at first as well.

Damn, did not think of that. I'll definitely give everyone guns now, haha. I do have this Eulogy character, which sounds very familiar to me for some reason? I swear he's an actual character in the video games. But anyways, he's a beeeaaast. I think he's level 27 or something along those lines.

And yes, definitely upgrade first, then build extras. That was my mistake at first as well.

Damn that's a crazy lucky RNG draw. You got what sounds like a legendary dweller in your first 2 hours haha

Damn that's a crazy lucky RNG draw. You got what sounds like a legendary dweller in your first 2 hours haha

I know! I just don't know whether to keep him inside the Vault or have him explore. I feel nervous to take him exploring, but he could probably hold his own..

My Vault so far. Taking it real slow.

Beit2Om.jpg

Abraham Washington arrived at level 40 with lincoln's repeater. I also got a hardened rail gun from a lunch box, and at some point found a hardened assault rifle :)

Edit: just got power armor from a lunchbox. :D

Wow, I haven't gotten anything good from boxes haha...

Also Hybrid - if a person dies on wilderness you can just revive them for 200 coins and send them home. No real risksending out your highest E and L stat guys,

Woah, really? Did not know that! That has me less worried. I'll wait until I get more weapons though. Been getting attacked by Raiders a lot more often now.