Fallout Discussion: “76”

3 definitely to start. New Vegas is great but you'll like it more if you play 3 first.

I don't think he'll have time to play both before 4 comes out.

Nothing tops the way you enter the wasteland in FO:3, also the world is a lot more dense in my opinion. New Vegas is more vast and open, however the story is A LOT better than the story in FO:3. I'm actually trying to rebuy a PS3 copy of New Vegas on eBay because I feel like I didn't give it a fair shake when I originally played it. I'll probably just buy it on Steam.

PS: If you have an Xbox One or wired 360 controller you can buy either game cheap on Steam and play them on your PC using one of those controllers, assuming your PC can run either game.

TL;DR I'd start with New Vegas or just wait for FO:4.

Or just wait for the backwards compatibility... thats what i'm doing. I know I'll have Fallout 4 by then but fuck it. I've played both before but I guess its time for a confession myself... I never finished either. Not even close. 

That's my thought as well - would convince me to buy a XboxOne, to be able to play Fallout and Dark Souls and buy new games.

Been waiting forever :P

Scratch that, its number 3 only, and to get it you have to pre-order 4 through the xbox store. Probably be far more expensive than a hard copy...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-fallout-4-preorders-go-live-come-with-fre/1100-6428579/

It's actually with any preorder. I was confused how they worded the digital version making it sound exclusive, but I read elsewhere (maybe Bethesda's blog?) and they said any preorders.

I ended up getting New Vegas: Complete Edition on PC using 'other means' ;)

Kinda want to mess with some mods but Holy crap all these really do is make the game harder, with the exception of content additions like Project Brazil http://whatculture.com/gaming/10-best-fallout-new-vegas-mods.php

If you decide to do the dead money dlc...good luck.

So...shelter stuff again!

I'm down to two vaults, my third one was garbage. Harkness is a beast of a legendary character in one of them, and Abraham Washington I'm training up in the other vault to be 10+ in every stat and send out exploring. Getting really close!

Shelter stuff too!!

Im 4 floors in, and don't have any crazy legendary characters - but have a shit ton of Power Armor and a Gauss Rifle. My dwellers are averaging level 15 and I just built a weight room. All my resources are stocked and have about 4,500 caps. I had Scribe Rothchild in one of my older vaults and that was awesome. Just wish they'd let you carry over one or things from a previous vault. Oh well!! This one i'm taking my time with.

Shelter stuff too!!

Im 4 floors in, and don't have any crazy legendary characters - but have a shit ton of Power Armor and a Gauss Rifle. My dwellers are averaging level 15 and I just built a weight room. All my resources are stocked and have about 4,500 caps. I had Scribe Rothchild in one of my older vaults and that was awesome. Just wish they'd let you carry over one or things from a previous vault. Oh well!! This one i'm taking my time with.

Carrying over legendary characters would be awesoooome

I should screen cap my main vault because it's getting nutssss

I'm still taking it really slow with my vault, but I'm happy with it overall.  No one seems to show up (even with a radio room), so I still have to send people to pound town to make a new dweller.  One of my explorers almost made it a full 24 hours before he died.  He's coming back to my vault as a level 30 beast, well worth the caps it took to revive him!

Woke up this morning to a 99% happy vault, overstocked on resources, total awesomeness! And my Lone Wanderer survived the night! Got my lunchbox (which wasn't too impressive unfortunately) BUT I got a ton of loot! #vault818 #ferrisbuelleryou'remyhero

EDIT- Someone said here they want numbers, here's so stats from the game overall:

FalloutShelter_Infographic_v10-EN.jpg

I've yet to encounter them or mole rats. Based on your description...I'm terrified.

Dude. It was awful. Granted, in that vault I think my highest power weapon is like 12-15 dmg or something. Focused Laser Rifle.

Mole rats aren't too back though, they're like double power rad roaches.

I can't wait to get Abraham Washington finished upgrading and get out exploring again! Right now I'm at S:4 P:8 E:8 C:6 I:8 A:5 L:8, gonna be at 9 endurance in a couple hours, plus he's wearing +2S, +2E, +1L armor and has an enhanced sniper rifle. Dude's gonna beast through the wasteland full loadout of stims and get me good stuff hopefully!

I also just hit 60 dwellers today, so I put in my first nuclear reactor :)

I've been having so many dudes/dudettes upgrading the last day or two