The SYNTHWAVE Thread

13 hours ago, docbronze said:

Perturbator had all his gear stolen. Class.

Yeaaah saw : ( That really sucks. I hope this doesn't prevent him, or other overseas artists, from deciding to do future US tours.

It's really great to see the artists in the synth scene support each other. So many artists are re-posting this and asking people if they can lend Perturbator a hand with borrowing some equipment. I really hope he finds his gear though.

13 minutes ago, ASSARTOSE said:

"Sequential Prophet 6 or Moog Sub 37"

For real? Isn't he play music from his macbook?

He also plays some sequences on keyboards. 

Not that good footage, but check out 0:50 (sorry for the shakiness, crowd was dancing around a lot)

Edited by ghost

This thing is gonna be a beaut:

January 28, Poisoned Mind Records

https://www.facebook.com/pmr.records.vinyl/?fref=nf

Night Runner - Starfighter https://nightrunnermusic.bandcamp.com/album/starfighter

- Black vinyl w/ pink splatter /100

- Lenticular cover

- Shattered prism sticker

- Patch

- Poster

$40

15874690_1365768170164901_62667538476445

15977740_1365172696891115_72015225677284

15894663_1365057736902611_91642021293533

They'll also have two standard versions, one of which is half pink half black:

15774909_1335539403187778_31182216212553

Edited by slinch

13 minutes ago, slinch said:

This thing is gonna be a beaut:

January 28, Poisoned Mind Records

https://www.facebook.com/pmr.records.vinyl/?fref=nf

Night Runner - Starfighter https://nightrunnermusic.bandcamp.com/album/starfighter

- Black vinyl w/ pink splatter /100

- Lenticular cover

- Shattered prism sticker

- Patch

- Poster

$40

They'll also have two standard versions, one of which is half pink half black:

I want that and luckily it's out on my payday, but that's going to be a pricey slab of vinyl after shipping.

19 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Any word or idea on the price range for the Carpenter Brut tomorrow?  I'm assuming whatever it was the last press but I don't remember.  Probably around $60 right?

I think that sounds about right.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Neuropa will re-open their web shop soon with the repress going up for sale tomorrow. As of now its still down.

On 12/16/2016 at 11:33 PM, axotyl said:

the midnight record is fully funded/sold out now

Anyone else see this message from The Midnight?

Message from Artist
* VINYL UPDATE * 

We wanted to give you all a quick update and let you known the status. This whole vinyl pressing thing is much more of a hassle than we ever expected it to be. There are 20 unpaid vinyl and before they are paid, the vinyl can't go into production - super f***ing annoying, I know!! We are trying to track down the unpaids in the next few days, Qrates will be putting the remaining 20 records up for sale again so people who actually want the vinyl have a chance to buy it. 

Before then, there is nothing we can do but wait. So sorry to all of you for the delay... 

Tim & Tyler

4 minutes ago, axotyl said:

sounds pretty whiney to me for a group that just funded 500 preorder copies of a record at retail price

My exact thoughts reading that email.

I mean, it's such a BS excuse, 480x $20 is more than enough to get a record pressed, they could very well move the ball forward without the last 20 copies.

Unless it's qrates that doesn't allow it, but I doubt that from the way it was worded.

8 minutes ago, anomynous said:

I'm confused at how some are unpaid, it should have auto charged them whenever it got 500. 

Im assuming qrates won't press it unless they have all x copies paid for. 

I guess expired credit cards and stuff.

It could be that Qrates would refuse to press the record without all orders being fully paid, but I would have assumed they'd just press them all and take it out of the artists' cut. It's not like The Midnight would have an issue selling 20 copies of their sold out record. Stick them on Discogs - they'll be gone within 12 hours.

9 minutes ago, anomynous said:

I'm confused at how some are unpaid, it should have auto charged them whenever it got 500. 

Im assuming qrates won't press it unless they have all x copies paid for. 

Consider the scenario in which someone places an order, reserves their spot, the 500 mark is reached and then the system goes to seek payment. What if that person's credit/debit card has since been lost/stolen/cancelled for whatever reason? The system is unable to make the charge. That's one way right there.