CAMERA SHY - S/T LP Out on 7/14 via RFC

I love the idea of doing a subscription, but its a very complicated thing to do. The main issue is the fact that we have no idea how many releases we're going to put out in a given year until it happens. We put out a lot of records, so it would also be very expensive which i think would turn a lot of people off. 

The alternative to doing a yearly subscription is doing a "the next 10 LPs" sort of thing, where 2 7"s = an LP, 2xLP = 2 LP's, and you can just keep re-upping it every time the 10 LP's worth of records is met. I like this idea a lot, but having everyone sign up at different times and trying to keep that sorted would be an absolute nightmare. The 7" subscriptions we've done have been easy to deal with shipping wise, because every shipment is the exact same thing, same price, etc. This would be the opposite of that.

So in short, who knows. We've talked a lot about it and have come to no conclusion. If you guys have any insight, let me know.

I love the idea of doing a subscription, but its a very complicated thing to do. The main issue is the fact that we have no idea how many releases we're going to put out in a given year until it happens. We put out a lot of records, so it would also be very expensive which i think would turn a lot of people off. 

The alternative to doing a yearly subscription is doing a "the next 10 LPs" sort of thing, where 2 7"s = an LP, 2xLP = 2 LP's, and you can just keep re-upping it every time the 10 LP's worth of records is met. I like this idea a lot, but having everyone sign up at different times and trying to keep that sorted would be an absolute nightmare. The 7" subscriptions we've done have been easy to deal with shipping wise, because every shipment is the exact same thing, same price, etc. This would be the opposite of that.

So in short, who knows. We've talked a lot about it and have come to no conclusion. If you guys have any insight, let me know.

To avoid the scattered sign-up times, you could have the sign-ups after the 10 LPs are fullfilled. Sort of like an open enrollment period type of thing.  Lets say you start this tomorrow and allow people to sign up for a week or whatever, you wouldn't have another week of sign ups until the 10 LPs have been released.

I hope that makes sense lol.

• 1 month later...

http://www.stereogum.com/1816323/camera-shy-new-something-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/

also: why is the album releasing on a Friday? kind of weird to not release it on Tuesday, and not a full stream the day before? not complaining just a bit confused

Albums are now being released on Fridays instead of Tuesday as of July 10th I think?

To avoid the scattered sign-up times, you could have the sign-ups after the 10 LPs are fullfilled. Sort of like an open enrollment period type of thing.  Lets say you start this tomorrow and allow people to sign up for a week or whatever, you wouldn't have another week of sign ups until the 10 LPs have been released.

I hope that makes sense lol.

Or a limited subscription number. I know Graveface does this. Basically what they do is say that there are 300 subs. You pay whatever the cost is for 10 lps and it nets you the sub variant of the next 10 records. (I think Graveface is currently doing handpoured records for those or something) If someone drops out or needs to end then their spot can come up for grabs, or you can just throw however many left over sub copies up on your site. 

Idk, I think I just noticed I'm loving everything you're putting out right now :)

Listening to the MP3s while I don't get my package. RFC released them today for those who preordered. The drums improved the sound a bit, although my ears keep waiting for a Whirr monster sound every time a new track begins :D .

From the girls who sang with Whirr, it's Night School the band which I'm most biased towards. King Woman is also cool.